Had to replace my phone and can't find my contacts on the old phone or SIM, where could they be?

George Wilkinson Jr

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Had to replace my phone and can't find my contacts on the old phone or SIM

I sure hope someone has an idea. The screen of my old phone broke (not just cracked) so I replaced the phone. Expecting to find my contacts on the SIM it came up empty. I was dumb and hadn't backed up to google or Smart Switch. I can see the old phone on my computer. I have searched and can't find the contacts where they are supposed to be. I can't use Smart Switch because I can't put the phone into the USB mode required. I can't find them on the SIM. I think I'm screwed. S5, Android 5.1.1

Does anyone have any ideas about where the contacts would have been located on the old phone? It's causing me endless aggravation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Had to replace my phone and can't find my contacts on the old phone or SIM

I sure hope someone has an idea. The screen of my old phone broke (not just cracked) so I replaced the phone. Expecting to find my contacts on the SIM it came up empty. I was dumb and hadn't backed up to google or Smart Switch. I can see the old phone on my computer. I have searched and can't find the contacts where they are supposed to be. I can't use Smart Switch because I can't put the phone into the USB mode required. I can't find them on the SIM. I think I'm screwed. S5, Android 5.1.1

Does anyone have any ideas about where the contacts would have been located on the old phone? It's causing me endless aggravation.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello and welcome to Android Central George Wilkinson Jr!

In answer to your question... "Does anyone have any ideas about where the contacts would have been located on the old phone?" The answer is...

"/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts"

See, also... Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW! for backing up in future.

Last edited: