Handcent SMS

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
The LED color will not change for the Droid Eris...

ChompSMS and HandcentSMS both cannot change the color. The only available colors are RED, ORANGE, and GREEN and none of them can be toggled through those 2 SMS applications. Actually i haven't found any application that can get them to toggle on the Droid Eris...

The Trackball can lightup as your notification via handcent though if you want to try that instead. But the trackball color cannot be changed eiether. Sorry.

quic

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
i'd have to suggest trying ChompSMS for this user. I had that happening all the time, beside Handcent would slow down my phone and delete messages automatically before i could even read them. Plus it doesn't line up the text correctly and just looks so horribly put together to me. Terribly unorganized too..

Chomp works great, never had a single issue. Cleaner looking format and easier to customize colors and stuff. No lag or freeze. No duplicate messages or delete messages. Its the way to go if you have issues with Handcent.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
The LED color will not change for the Droid Eris...

ChompSMS and HandcentSMS both cannot change the color. The only available colors are RED, ORANGE, and GREEN and none of them can be toggled through those 2 SMS applications. Actually i haven't found any application that can get them to toggle on the Droid Eris...

The Trackball can lightup as your notification via handcent though if you want to try that instead. But the trackball color cannot be changed eiether. Sorry.

Try MissedCall, free in the market. It has "services" for SMS, Calls, Calendar and more. It allows you to customize your notifications, led colors, vibrate, etc .. Then turn off Handcents notification and use MissedCall.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had the issue where when clicking on a contact (that has an existing thread), and the message screen comes up with the thread and "New Message" at the top? Then when you type the message and hit send, it complains that there is no recipient (and no way to enter one)!

I have to exit the thread, and do a new message, select the contact, and type the message. Then when I send, it associates the new message with the existing contact.

this is only for one contact (happens to be my wife!). I have deleted the thread and started over and it still only does it on this one contact! Any ideas??

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had the issue where when clicking on a contact (that has an existing thread), and the message screen comes up with the thread and "New Message" at the top? Then when you type the message and hit send, it complains that there is no recipient (and no way to enter one)!

I have to exit the thread, and do a new message, select the contact, and type the message. Then when I send, it associates the new message with the existing contact.

this is only for one contact (happens to be my wife!). I have deleted the thread and started over and it still only does it on this one contact! Any ideas??

Yes this happens with one of my friends, luckily not the GF or someone more important, very annoying and I just noticed it. Needs a fix fast.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I was able to download, but I get message stating "no application can be found to open application. ?? What am I missing? Tried downloading directly to phone and by the application installer in htc sync?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver