Handcent SMS

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Handcent

sometimes i receive double texts. is this a setting? and its not from the person sending the text, and its not always the same person it happens with.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you get the message twice in your top notification bar you need to open the stock messaging app / menu / settings / notifications should be unchecked

If you mean double sounds (ringtones) Disable the stock app notification... from home screen / menu / settings / sound and display / notification ringtone (notification is the sound it makes when you recieve a text message) / scroll to the top and select "silent"

note: if the selection for "notification ringtone" is greyed out and unavailaible, that means you're currently in vibrate only or silent mode and the option is unavailable - press the volume up button on the volume rocker bar and the option will become available.

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
sorry, i should have been more clear. i just receieve one notfication, but the message shows up twice when i open handcent. as if the sender sent it twice, but like i said, i will only get 1 notification, and even the handcent widget displays 1, and then i open it, and 2 of the same message are displayed. weird.

LiamTG

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Using this app for a while and I don't know how to stop it from recording delivery reports. I keep having to go in and clear them, as well as recent recipients. I don't want this information recorded!

Any ideas?

Ta

L

FauxCaptain

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a few problems with the settings. I wanted to change the led light color and the track ball flashing. I changed the color setting for the led as well as the track ball flashing. I hit the back button and nothing changed. So I powered off my phone then turned it on. Still no change. What's the problem?

* I'm using the droid eris.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Correct, just making sure it was not conflicting. Go back to the setting, change it again, then go to test notification settings and make sure it works properly there.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Ok try these steps.

Open Application
Press Menu Button
Go To Settings
Scroll to notifications, make sure there is a check mark
Click on notification settings
make sure blink LED is checked, then change color
scroll up and click test notification

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had notification trouble similar to yours with handcent in the past..the only work around that actually worked was uninstalling, then reinstalling handcent..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali