Hands On Review of the Epic 4G

buzzardjrt

i was reading where 3.0 (gingerbread) is only going to support screens 4.0 and larger and that have 1240x720 )or what ever size is the bigger size(.

and it does not look like the epic will support this.

i wanted this phone because of the keypad, but if i can not get the new update to be released 4Q 2010, i dont know any more

dont know why i have to have 3.0 but its gotta be better then 2.2 hell its another .8 greater.

in the research, it also commented 3.0 will be designed for tablets too

maybe ill wait to see what HP does with Palm

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's amazing what differing opinions you hear from the various reviewers in regards to Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Is was the harshest I've read. Most have been pretty favorable.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
i was reading where 3.0 (gingerbread) is only going to support screens 4.0 and larger and that have 1240x720 )or what ever size is the bigger size(.

and it does not look like the epic will support this.

i wanted this phone because of the keypad, but if i can not get the new update to be released 4Q 2010, i dont know any more

dont know why i have to have 3.0 but its gotta be better then 2.2 hell its another .8 greater.

in the research, it also commented 3.0 will be designed for tablets too

maybe ill wait to see what HP does with Palm

Those were all just rumors that google debunked recently. Even then, the rumors were that the device would have to have a 4" screen (which the epic does), and that it'll now "be able" to support up to 1240x720, not it would require it. There is absolutely NO current evidence that suggests that these top-of-the-line phones wouldn't be upgradeable to 3.0 at some point in the future. It's practically ridiculous to imagine google upgrading their OS so that no older phones could use it...that just won't happen :/

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I am not really a fan of Touchwiz but will try it out when the Epic is released.

I figure if I dont like the Touchwiz I can replace it with ADW or Launcher Pro from the Market.

With that said though I am not too familiar with Android but if I replace Touchwiz with something like ADW launcher would I lose everything that comes with the phone such as programs like Swype?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52