Handset Protection Transfer

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Premium Handset Protection Bundle from when I upgrade my line to a bold 9700. I purchased a g2x from eBay to play with 2-3 months ago and I'm wondering if it gets transferred to the g2x. I called to complain about how the phone dies out too quickly and the rep on the line told me to download advanced task killer, I thought gingerbread wouldn't need any task killers applications since it's built within into the android OS. If the Handset Protection takes effect on the g2x, what can I say for them to issue an warranty exchange?

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The Protection Plan applies only to the device you originally purchased from T-Mobile, it cannot be transferred. More then that, you can't buy a Protection Plan for it through T-Mobile, since you bought the device off ebay. Coming from a BlackBerry myself (8 months ago) I can tell why you are concerned about battery life. But that's the thing with Android: it's a mini computer (it does almost everything that a laptop does) so you need to be realistic in your expectations. If you can get 10-12 hours of battery life, with fair use, I say you have nothing to worry about. No task killer needed, Froyo and Gingerbread are very good at managing running apps.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It does transfer from phone to phone, and i always recommend it to my customers who plan on buying phones off of ebay or craigslist because then it gives them a warranty on the device when they otherwise would be out of luck.

Don't put on the task killer, but try adjusting some of your settings first (screen brightness, screen time out, how often your emails are synching, wifi, etc). Otherwise since you still have the full handset protection on your line, you can either go into a store or call in to process a warranty exchange.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It does transfer from phone to phone, and i always recommend it to my customers who plan on buying phones off of ebay or craigslist because then it gives them a warranty on the device when they otherwise would be out of luck.

Don't put on the task killer, but try adjusting some of your settings first (screen brightness, screen time out, how often your emails are synching, wifi, etc). Otherwise since you still have the full handset protection on your line, you can either go into a store or call in to process a warranty exchange.

that's good news but I overheard the rep spoke out loud that the battery was out of warranty. Is that not included in the bundle? That's what I thought about the task killer, she told me that she uses it everyday!! I want to do an warranty exchange but not sure what to say as for the reason, and will there be any fees of some sort? I mainly have the battery drain and the one problem where the phone is in standby with the screen shut off and when I press the power button, the screen doesn't come on but I see that the phone is on since the buttons light up.

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Batteries are covered by the bundle, which is nice because they only have a 90 day warranty, unlike the phone itself.

If your phone is doing the black screen just every so often, I wouldn't look to perform an exchange on the handset. Is the G2X you purchased updated to GB? If not, I would definitely try updating before doing anything else. Otherwise, there isn't a cost associated with getting a battery sent to you, and the phone would have a $5 processing fee that would appear on your bill and both would be overnighted to you.

But if your battery is draining really quickly, that's all you would need to say. Talk about how you've already adjusted settings etc. and it still isn't helping and ask for the associate to have a new battery sent to you.

Hope that helps :)

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Batteries are covered by the bundle, which is nice because they only have a 90 day warranty, unlike the phone itself.

If your phone is doing the black screen just every so often, I wouldn't look to perform an exchange on the handset. Is the G2X you purchased updated to GB? If not, I would definitely try updating before doing anything else. Otherwise, there isn't a cost associated with getting a battery sent to you, and the phone would have a $5 processing fee that would appear on your bill and both would be overnighted to you.

But if your battery is draining really quickly, that's all you would need to say. Talk about how you've already adjusted settings etc. and it still isn't helping and ask for the associate to have a new battery sent to you.

Hope that helps :)

It was on cyanogen nightly #124 (the latest). When I first had the cyanogen RC1, the black screen happened a lot and was annoying when I really needed the phone to be working. I updated to the stock gingerbread using the LG updater tool last night but let my friend borrowed the phone so I'm unable to see if there are any changes, had to revert back to a blackberry device for now until he decides to return the phone or keep it forever, he's trying out the android system and phone with his new prepaid plan. I did notice that the baseband and kernel didn't change, it seems like the one that came with the latest nightly, is that going to be a problem for my friend when he uses the device?

About the battery life, when I first have the cyanogen RC1, it would go by really fast, maybe in less than 6 hours with light usage too, it was mainly in standby mode and in my pocket. Ever since I started using the new nightlies, I noticed that it would last maybe 11 hours but that is with very minimum usage, basically checking gmail and light browsing. Had read around xda forums where some people are able to last overnight, I would run down to like 15%-20% everyday. Maybe I'm just expecting too much?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isy315g