Haptic Feedback on Unlock

c2005

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
Realizing I posted this initially in the S20 forum by mistake.

On my s21 Ultra, I'm having an issue where when I unlock the device or turn the screen on, the device will vibrate anywhere between 2 and 15 times in a very rapidly (within 1-4 seconds, depending on how many times in decided to vibrate that time).

It doesn't do it every time I unlock. It seems random. I had recently got a new case and thought that was the culprit, but confirmed it's not with both a different case or no case - still happening.

I'm also noticing occasional spurts of haptic feedback when I'm just looking at the screen with no touch input.

Once, when the on screen keyboard was up when it happened, the keyboard fluttered up and down / on and off with these vibrations, leading me to think it's the screen believing it's being pressed.

I've cleaned the screen thoroughly. There are no cracks in it. I have no screen protector. I've also looked for anything lodged between the glass edge and frame of the phone, thinking something there could be causing inputs, but finding nothing.

I installed Nice Grab from the Galaxy Store, however it's not capturing these vibrations. Only actual app related vibration notifications. I also uninstalled third party launchers, just in case, but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts what else could be the cause asides from hardware fault?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Realizing I posted this initially in the S20 forum by mistake.

On my s21 Ultra, I'm having an issue where when I unlock the device or turn the screen on, the device will vibrate anywhere between 2 and 15 times in a very rapidly (within 1-4 seconds, depending on how many times in decided to vibrate that time).

It doesn't do it every time I unlock. It seems random. I had recently got a new case and thought that was the culprit, but confirmed it's not with both a different case or no case - still happening.

I'm also noticing occasional spurts of haptic feedback when I'm just looking at the screen with no touch input.

Once, when the on screen keyboard was up when it happened, the keyboard fluttered up and down / on and off with these vibrations, leading me to think it's the screen believing it's being pressed.

I've cleaned the screen thoroughly. There are no cracks in it. I have no screen protector. I've also looked for anything lodged between the glass edge and frame of the phone, thinking something there could be causing inputs, but finding nothing.

I installed Nice Grab from the Galaxy Store, however it's not capturing these vibrations. Only actual app related vibration notifications. I also uninstalled third party launchers, just in case, but that didn't change anything.

Any thoughts what else could be the cause asides from hardware fault?
Have you tried Nice Catch from galaxy store ?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I was going to ask if you were using a screen protector, but you have said that you do not have one installed. Do you have Face Unlock enabled? Sometimes when my phone is locked and my face is in the general direction of my phone, it'll react. Does this issue occur in Safe Mode?

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have emails coming in? I know there's a setting i use that rings for every email i get. Plus do you have vibrate when you pick up the phone for missed messages or calls?

Maybe you made a weird custom vibrate pattern??????

c2005

Feb 15, 2021
Visit site
I started working backwards a bit with apps I may have recently installed or started using more.

Uninstalled my electric providers app and that seems to have been it. I wish I knew why it was able to do that, but with it gone, that issue had gone away.

It notifies customers when current prices are high, and they had been really high the last week. So I'm thinking it was related to that, but it never showed up in Nice Catch.

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Some apps have some weird notifications. But thats strange that Nice catch didnt register when it went off. You could also have checked your notification history from Notifications>advance settings>notification history.

Also maybe it had a silent alert on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I started working backwards a bit with apps I may have recently installed or started using more.

Uninstalled my electric providers app and that seems to have been it. I wish I knew why it was able to do that, but with it gone, that issue had gone away.

It notifies customers when current prices are high, and they had been really high the last week. So I'm thinking it was related to that, but it never showed up in Nice Catch.
Glad you found the trouble app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20