Has anyone conquered the Google Pixel Bootloop?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I tried restarting in safe mode as well as performing a factory reset and the problem persists. Everything I've read says that the phone is pretty much bricked and the only solution is to move on and get a new phone.

The thing that sucks is that (maybe foolishly) the Pixel 3 comes out soon - just don't know if I can wait at this point.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I posted on a couple of related threads here as the same occurred to me on Monday.
I was hoping to coax it alive till the P3 is available, but no luck. I ended up buying a cheap phone to tide me over (and the experience reminds me why I love my Pixel)
Nothing has worked in my case

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Volume Down, Power for about 20 seconds, then let up on Power first - doesn't bring you to the bootloader screen? Then the phone is hard bricked. If you weren't buying a 3, the 2 could be fixed, but by a repair shop. (It would have to be opened and at least JTAGed, if not have the motherboard replaced.)

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
The cost to replace the MB is $280, according to ubreakifix, so not worth it at this point...so a P3 it will be

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you contacted google support? My phone crashed when my storage was near full. I couldn't get out of the boot loop, even after researching the web, but called google and they got me out of it. Haven't had any issues since.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I have not, but might give it a try. I only had about half my storage used.
I was going to use the dead phone as an excuse to get the P3, but I can't believe the price! hoping for some discounts...

OchoceroNJ

Oct 11, 2018
Visit site
UPDATE: My Pixel is now bricked. Eventually, it just got stuck on the boot screen and never recovered. I gave up and didn't try anything after that.

Pre-ordered the Pixel 3 and am eagerly awaiting its arrival on October 20th. In the meantime, I'm using whatever devices I can get my hands on to get me through! lol

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
yeah, my bricked Pixel is making the decision to go with a P3. I think the pricing is off and I will wait till BF to see if there are any deals.
I can afford to wait because I had to pick up a spare phone.
If my phone didn't brick I would have kept it for another year