Has anyone gotten the OTA kitkat update?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with google... it is delayed for an unknown amount of time due to bugs...

Not sure if this is a legit comment or just sarcasm.

Kind of hoping its legit because i'd rather them get the bugs out THEN release it. I just wish they would release a statement telling us that it's been delayed.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I always get the 2 confused; thank you for the clarification.:)

Not to be a stickler but nuclear fission has been conquered, it's fusion that's the tricky one...power in > power out at the moment....if you can get power in < power out with fusion, you're in line for a Nobel prize.

anon(835682)

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! MY 2013 NEXUS 7 HASN"T EVEN GOTTEN IT YET. ITS A 32GB WIFI MODEL WHY GOOGLE!!!!?!?!??!

Seriously though... Why don't I have the 4.4 update to my 2013 n7 yet? I got mine one day before launch from a chicagoland best buy.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I gave up and side loaded. Love 4.4. Everything seems to run smoother.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I did too and then went here to getthe Nexus 5 GEL launcher. I really like it for my tablet. Note. It works on any 4.1 and higher device but I took it off my Droid Mini. Since it is not the stock launcher it will not utilize any of the Moto widgets.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Where does that leave those of us that side loaded? Mine doesn't have any obvious problems.

I bet yours has the same security issue that mine does.
Try this...
1. Wake your tablet but do not unlock
2. Slide the screen to the right as if you were going to add a home screen widget
3. Notice the home button appear on the bottom
4. Press it and you'll bypass the lock screen.

Google4Lifee

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I bet this is why they are delaying the OTA!

When do you guys think they will start the roll out again?
And when they do start it again, will it be another staged roll out from the beginning? (meaning another week)

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Man, when the Verizon Moto X gets 4.4 before every Nexus device (aside from the Nexus 5 which launched with it of course), you KNOW hell has frozen over.

ThreeChordMonte

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what those of us who side loaded do? Are we going to get a new OTA or are we going to have to side load the next version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
As an aside..........after how badly Google screwed the pooch on the original Nexus 7 launch, none of this should surprise me.

wrj54

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
If they truly have stopped the OTA, why haven't they pulled the image to prevent sideloading? It seems to me that you either stop both (i.e. stop OTA and stop sideload downloads) if you have a major bug(s) to fix or you allow both if you don't.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I bet yours has the same security issue that mine does.
Try this...
1. Wake your tablet but do not unlock
2. Slide the screen to the right as if you were going to add a home screen widget
3. Notice the home button appear on the bottom
4. Press it and you'll bypass the lock screen.

I have tried numerous ways of swiping and mine still requires a PIN. Maybe that is the difference?

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the 4.4 bug fix update right now in NYC. I sideloaded 4.4 last week but I just got an update notification on my Nexus 7 2012 running 4.4.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have tried numerous ways of swiping and mine still requires a PIN. Maybe that is the difference?

You are correct. It only does that with no lock screen security. My bad....

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting the 4.4 bug fix update right now in NYC. I sideloaded 4.4 last week but I just got an update notification on my Nexus 7 2012 running 4.4.

I sideloaded too and am also seeing the update! thanks!! Now only if my battery were charged enough.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear