Has anyone shipped to ASUS for repairs?

apuckett83

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I was told by ASUS that if the hard reset didnt fix the weak wifi that I would need to return my PRIME for repairs. Has anyone actually done this? If so, Did it work?

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Not on a tablet but I have had to send back one of my asus laptops (couple dead pixels on the screen, and the screen closed sensor or whatever its called was bad), shipped it out. two weeks later came back fine, no damage to the device, repairs were well done and they fixed everything i knew about (come to find out two weeks later it needs to go back for a usb 3.0 issue) but their initial repairs were all well done.

EDIT:
I hear a number of people complaining about how dumb their customer service was... and its very very possible I just got lucky but the guy i talked to may very well have been an idiot but he was nice and courteous, on par or better than any other manufactures customer service I've had to deal with in the last 5 years.

Last edited:

kcarter3#AC

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got my transformer back from them. Customer service is garbage and stupid. Turns out nothing wrong with tablet. the charger was no good but they didn't replace it or offer to let me buy another. just let me think that they kept my charger. when i kept asking about it they say there was never a charger sent to them. and it wasn't written on package slip. when in fact i have a copy and it says so. if you send it just keep charger. they won't send back and they will lie about it.

shartOFwar

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I sent my prime back to asus around 9 days ago. The customer service is horrendous and very stupid. My issue wasnt wi-fi or anything like that. The power button was smashed in right out of the retail box. But oddly enough no damage to the shipment package or the retail box. I really hope i get my tablet back soon. never had a chance to really use it. They say that if they believe it was my wrong doing and misuse that caused the damage, I would be charged for it. I really hope thats not the case. From this experience already, I believe i'll never buy ASUS again

rosie78

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I sent mine back as well but the damage was my fault. I checked the status 2 days ago and it says "waiting for customer response" . I have never received an email or call from them. I started calling every day and they keep saying they are "bumping it up." Whatever that means.....hasn't gotten me anywhere.

mtbvert

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Any updates on the repairs sent to Asus?

I spoke to Asus Tech Support today about my freezing/random re-booting issue, and after appeasing them with a soft boot and hard reset, they said i could either return it to the retailer, or send it to Asus to be repaired in 10 business days.

Looks like the retailer (J&R) has no stock right now, so i wanted to know what your experiences with returning the Prime to Asus was?

rosie78

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I received an email Monday about my damage. It included a quote and a cc authorization form. I sent them payment and my cc was charged yesterday. Last night I received an email stating that my product had shipped. Not only did they pay for next day shipping (I only paid $10 for ground) but they also sent me a new prime. Well what I hope is brand new and not refurbished.

As of now they have redeemed themselves to me. But that could change when I receive the unit today.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine's been at their service center since 1/14 and its current status is "WB5 Waiting". When I called they said they were waiting for a part and that it would be ready within 10-14 business days from the day they received it.

rosie78

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
They received mine on 1/13. I got the new one last night. Its a different color but at this point I am not goijng to complain. So far, so good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte