Have no idea

thmper

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I am new to all of this and not the most tech savvy, but I want to learn the in's and out's like a regular revenge of the nerd. Everyone's gotta start somewhere, right? No one is just born a technological guru. If there is anyone willing to lend a hand in teaching me some terms and important Do's and Don'ts, I'd be greatly appreciative. I have an LG Optimus S I'd like to root and customize without totally screwing it up. Thanks a bunch!

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Best thing to do is hang around the forum and, read what is going on and read all of the stickies at the top

Assuming you still have the VD firmware it's pretty easy to root with Gingerbreak. If you get and OTA update notice I would hold off, rooting that is going to be a more involved process for a while.

Right now there is a lot of activity going on because we just got the official Gingerbread update from Sprint. For newbies stick with the existing stuff based on VD or CM7, the devs are still working out the kinks of using the new VH firmware

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
important don't:

as stickied...do NOT use ROM manager once rooted. I think at least 6 or 7 "crap i bricked it" threads have popped up in the last few weeks.

do: root it. read, read, read and read some more. the people on this forum are extremely helpful and intelligent, and your phone can do some amazing stuff with a little...."coaching".

do: have fun!

uberjam545

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
kind of a bad time to start out with the new gb update, i first started when VC was released and it was very confusing for me at the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenamac