Have Photon Questions? Ask 'em here

2Wrangler

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
sprint-motorola-photon-4g-1.jpg

Part 1 of our review is up. We'll have more once we've used the thing for more than 16 hours. (Actually use a phone before reviewing it? Madness!)

Have questions? Ask me here.
Can't unlock the phone while charging. I pulled the battery and still doesn't work. Is there a setting for this?

Nick Graham

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Having tried out the EVO and the EVO 3D, this one has them both beat hands down (though I do miss Sense). I think we have a new king of the Droid phones. That said, could somebody humor a Motorola noob and tell me how to get rid of the "dock" at the bottom - assuming you can?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody's light sensor working? Mine doesn't seem to be adjusting brightness automatically and the in-pocket protection thing isn't working either...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Having tried out the EVO and the EVO 3D, this one has them both beat hands down (though I do miss Sense). I think we have a new king of the Droid phones. That said, could somebody humor a Motorola noob and tell me how to get rid of the "dock" at the bottom - assuming you can?

What dock? Do you mean the 4 buttons that persist across home screens?

gdmacdo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use/purchase the HD Station? If so, what are your thoughts and how did your purchase one since it is not listed on Sprint's web site or Amazon.

aptmx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am new to the Motorola UI and was wondering if it was possible to delete additional home screens? I see that you can view them all and jump to a specific homescreen. However If I only wanted 3 or 4 homescreens, is that possible? Thanks

mgiven

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Any tips online to purchase the micro HDMI cable. I was shocked how much the price fluctuates. Went to Best Buy ($32) then WalMart ($29) and then Radio Shack ($49!!!!) and checked online and saw prices as low as $7. What the hell...talk about an in-store markup!

ccfixx

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Any tips online to purchase the micro HDMI cable. I was shocked how much the price fluctuates. Went to Best Buy ($32) then WalMart ($29) and then Radio Shack ($49!!!!) and checked online and saw prices as low as $7. What the hell...talk about an in-store markup!

Of course. You should never buy any of those cables in-store; they're sometimes marked-up 500% or more. Always look online for the better price.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

You could go with a cheap one as long as it's from a trusted seller. I got an HDMI cable from Amazon real cheap (for my TV) and it worked great.

mgiven

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You could go with a cheap one as long as it's from a trusted seller. I got an HDMI cable from Amazon real cheap (for my TV) and it worked great.

I just ordered from Amazon and the order is fulfilled by Amazon. The $7 charge was WITH Prime shipping free trial and the one-day delivery option. The cable itself was .50 cents.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
sprint-motorola-photon-4g-1.jpg

Part 1 of our review is up. We'll have more once we've used the thing for more than 16 hours. (Actually use a phone before reviewing it? Madness!)

Have questions? Ask me here.
how do we unlock the sim card to work on ATT
The phone does show the sim number for the prepaid ATT Sim card
The phone does show the sim number for the "comicel" Sim (colombian)
how do we unlock the phone, one site I checked wants 29.95
and they ask for 15 # meid code and there is no 15 digit number for the meid

the codes are 14 or higher than 15

???
:)
Its a good phone and easy to use in daylight
and I love the multi shoot camera

Last edited: