Have You Gotten Jelly Bean 4.3? Thread

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Came our of a meeting and got alert that 4.3 had downloaded. Installed and now a totally happy camper in Tennessee. Hope others who are waiting get update soon!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Just updated the n4 by way of OTA! no root & sideload, no clearing the framework; just was patient and had a strong Wi-Fi connection. I'm extremely satisfied with it so far!

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

miknxn

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Took myself a nap and woke up to the smell of mini sliders with toasted buns. My kid was watching my little pony and my phone got its jelly beans! Hozza!

njo?! andro?d

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Patience paid off. Got the notification about an hour ago, now happily running 4.3

UI has gotten even smoother than before...not that it was at all laggy to begin with!

KJDUNPHY

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
So I just got the update as well OTA... but im rooted and running a different kernel... I thought this wasnt possiblee?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
My N7 is loading it as I write on my N4. I thought it interesting that on both updates now to 4.2.2 and 4.3 my N7 has gotten it first.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the update this afternoon. I was at work and turned on the phone this afternoon for something and there was a notification that the update has already been downloaded and was ready to install. I immediately told the phone to go for it.

On my commute home today, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that when streaming MP3 podcasts via bluetooth to my car, the MP3 tag info now displays on the car's LCD. Previously it would just say "No information available".

BaconSprinkles

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got off work and I'm finally able to play around with 4.3 (the update hit my Nexus 7 about 10 minutes before I had to leave, so I didn't really get to use it until now). So far, it's feeling like it's almost new again. Once all of the widget thumbnails were loaded in the application drawer, it runs like butter! No stutter at all while quickly flicking through. Live wallpapers are a little nicer now, but still a bit on the choppy side. Transitioning out of heavy applications like games still isn't as quick as it is on the Nexus 4, but it's also had some noticeable improvements. Only one thing I'm worried about is glgps, which hopefully has been resolved. I'm tired of that little bugger randomly showing up and devouring my battery.

Still no 4.3 for my Nexus 4, though. This makes me sad. At least now I only have ONE device to incessantly check for updates instead of two, though.

LuchoSevilla

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, im new to the android world, i got a nexus 10 last december but never really had the time to get into it, now i am enjoying it a lot,but i have a couple questions... How do i get the latest OS? And do you know if the chromecast will be sold in mexico, or if imgo to the USA and have the luck to get one, would i be able to get it to work in Mex? Thanks and i will really appreciate your help!!

Posted via Android Central App

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I was going to check for update while a message popped up on my Nexus 4 announcing the update to 4.3
That happened this morning (New York)

BaconSprinkles

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, im new to the android world, i got a nexus 10 last december but never really had the time to get into it, now i am enjoying it a lot,but i have a couple questions... How do i get the latest OS? And do you know if the chromecast will be sold in mexico, or if imgo to the USA and have the luck to get one, would i be able to get it to work in Mex? Thanks and i will really appreciate your help!!

Posted via Android Central App

Drag down from the top right hand side on the notification bar to pull down quick settings, then tap Settings. Scroll to the bottom where it should say About tablet, and tap that. Then, press what should be the very first option, System updates. From there, you'll see a button that says Check now. If it still says that your system is up to date, try it again another time. Maybe an hour or so. It rolls out randomly, has nothing to do with which device you're running, or where you bought it or currently are living. Hope this helped, and hope you get the update soon!

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Still patiently waiting for my N4 to update in the UK, my wife's N7 updated on Saturday morning though.

I don't really think 4.3 is something to get too exited about..................if I was waiting for KLP maybe I'd be a little more impatient!

sirannon

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still patiently waiting for my N4 to update in the UK, my wife's N7 updated on Saturday morning though.

I don't really think 4.3 is something to get too exited about..................if I was waiting for KLP maybe I'd be a little more impatient!

Go and have a shower, worked for me, came back out and update had kicked in :rolleyes:

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I did an RMA this weekend. On the phone I sent back, I had the update notification. On the replacement phone that I'm using now, still no update :(

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Quick summary: It got smoother than before, didn't think it was possible. Faster UI, again, impressed. Battery seems to last even longer than before, great stuff! And I really like the change in camera options / use.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm disappointed there still seems to be a bug with connecting to a LEAP WiFi. I used to be able to connect to my work's WiFi without issue prior to Android 4.2, it's been busted since then and gives me intermittent connections.

Everything else about 4.3 seems nice, smoother, and I like that Bluetooth music streaming now includes track information in my car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick