HC Browser: No text reflow?

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Help me out here. Am I missing something basic or do neither the stock browser or Dolphin in HC reflow the text when you double tap or pinch zoom.

One of the features I love on the Desire HD is that when you have zoomed out beyond the size of the screen, the browser will intelligently reflow the text to fit the screen, even if it's through clearblocks and under a photo.

I note that other programs can do it, and I've seen the text flow checkboxes in settings, but to no avail, so I'm a bit confused as to where my problem is at.

Thanks in advance
Jon

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
There is no setting for this, there wasn't one in previous android versions i think. someone can correct me if im wrong.

to re-flow text: pinch to zoom and double tab, should fit the text to the window size. I haven't discovered an auto flow setting

Dolphin browsers have a setting for auto reflow

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks flacoff, but none of that works on the TF in the way that it works on the DHD. That's what had me stumped.

I see how it works now; you need to pinch and then double tap. The double tap was not required on the DHD as that part was automatic.

Excellent!

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Vincent, it does make you wonder why the double tap is required. Is there some pinch operation scenario where you wouldn't want reflow of text?
Jon

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Vincent, it does make you wonder why the double tap is required. Is there some pinch operation scenario where you wouldn't want reflow of text?
Jon

I am sure there is (nothing coming to mind) but seems like such an outlier case that a menu option to turn of auto reflow would be the wise solution.

flacoff

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
in the stock browser you should be able to get to navigated to "about:config" or "about:debug" (forget which one, ill check when i get home).

there may be some settings there to fool around with, i know there is a fix to permanently force desktop mode using this method. wondering if there is something related to text reflow in there. i cant really remember now, and im at F'n work right now

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
about:debug yields another tab in settings. One interesting setting is to force normal rendering. I never liked my browser rendering like a fraking ipad!

I don't see anything I'd relate to our current discussion.