headphone jack not working

webaggression

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. That was my exact issue. I used a paper clip, held the phone upside down with a flash light in my mouth (talented, I know) and slow scraped the lint until it fell out.Thanks.

christian_audi

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. That was my exact issue. I used a paper clip, held the phone upside down with a flash light in my mouth (talented, I know) and slow scraped the lint until it fell out.Thanks.

I tried this but didnt help me, what my cellphone does is flash the headphone indicator rapidly and does not stop for about 30 seconds. I wet phone a couple days ago i dont know if this has to do with it.

ricantatata

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Please help me. :( I woke up in the morning and to listen to my phone Samsung Galaxy Y through the headphones and found out that they don't work properly anymore. The speakers of the phone works fine and all the other internal and external parts of the phone. So I doubled checked everything and I was really the jack that's defected. I still can here sounds with the earphones but it seemed like a karaoke where the vocals don't play or somewhat sounds like tiny voices in the background. It's really frustrating that when I watch youtube videos I almost can't hear anything. PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know if this is because the phone was dropped (by a friend) 2 feet high the night before the discovery. What should I do? :'(

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

It seems to be an issue of dust/lint getting in there. It happened a couple of times, and each time I was able to fix it by cleaning out dust with a paper clip and/or some shots of compressed air.

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you checked your settings for headphones, Speaker etc and what you have set to come out where or not to?

Is there somewhere in the settings for this? I updated to Kit Kat last week and I can't get sound to play through the head phones. Tried cleaning with a tooth pick and with compressed air but that hasn't helped.

manosphou

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Fixed: Mine not working since last night's update either (4.4.2)...same headset, worked before the reboot, after update did not. Couldn't see any lint when shining light in there. Used toothpick and some lint came out, now it works. Thinking the update doesn't let headset work with standard grounding...either way it was lint.

Eric Head2

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
That's crazy. Same exact issue for me. Just did a Google search and this forum thread came up. Sure enough, I took a paperclip, poked inside and scooped out along the side wall of the audio jack port and a huge plug of lint came out. Worked perfectly after that. Thanks for the solution!

bahi_good

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy note 3 notificated me to plugged my earphone but there was nothing attachet to my phone, i was using sound about app to solve my problem, one i used alchol with cotton was not helpfull until one day i insertet a pin(nail) and spined suddenly the mark of earphon disappeared and work properly! That was my experience :)

sethwhenton

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
All I've got is a needle and tooth pick I've tried once and it worked...Bh this time I Cnt..any way of spotting this lint and getting rid of it?

Steven Burke-haftke

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My jack has no lint and all that omes out of the headphones is static, but not all the time. Sometimes it works like a charm and then it will randomly stop. Well actually it usually will start if I turn my phone off or it restarts, but usually it is random

Source77

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
i have a galaxy nexus and the sound only plays out of the left ear yet if i pull the plug out halfway it plays out of both ears , i tried the air , the alcohol swabbing and the poking around with a pin anything else ?

QuickStart24

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I was noticing this problem at school so when I got home I used a micro flashlight to see that there was , in fact a lent ball. Must've came from from my pocket. Shaking it didn't work, my moms earrings didn't either. What I ended up doing is getting a Cotton Swab and cutting it with scissors at a diagonal angle then repeatedly digging in and scraping in the direction of the lent ball. At first only small strands of lent were coming out but After 15-20 scrapes it all fell out. Thanks!

U y_1

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I have an big problem.

This is started today (Saturday 30 july.)

I was talking to my friend then i pull of the headphones. After that when im trying to increase / decrase sound
It doesnt Show the sound , it shows the phone sound. even If im on an video

Whenever i put an headphone , sound is coming from outside. And i flashed the headphone Jack , i didnt see anything.

My phone is ; General Mobile Android One
(aka my hell or nightmare)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds