Hello! Question about ASUS TF-101 Transformer

Rayj00

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
I recently found an ASUS Tegra TF-101 Transformer buried in my collection of "save it, you never know!" stuff.
I think it's a TF-101. It has a removable keyboard.
Anyway, it will boot up, but for some reason the Google Play service is not working.

If there is another forum I should be using, please let me know.

How can I see what version of OS is running?

Thanks,

Ray

Rayj00

Jan 22, 2024
Visit site
It is most likely way too old to be compatible with modern Google Play Services.

You can see the Android version in Settings>About Tablet.
Any suggestions on what I can do to make this thing useful, other than a doorstop? Physically it looks brand new.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not a whole lot, I'm afraid. You could check the forums at XDA-Developers.com to see if there's a reasonably current custom ROM designed for that device, but otherwise it'll be challenging to find apps that still work.

Reactions: tube517 and J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Any suggestions on what I can do to make this thing useful, other than a doorstop? Physically it looks brand new.
You could install old versions of apps from places like apkmirror and have fun with it in a nostalgic way 😉 But you won't be able to trust it much for security or compatibility as a modern tablet unfortunately ☹️

It's too bad, because it sounds cool 😎 Technology waits for no one 😯

Reactions: B. Diddy

w8wca

Apr 16, 2024
Visit site
I also have an Asus Transformer TF101 and I think I put KatKiss (A rooted KitKat Android) on it
But it cannot do much now due to google misc services that will not work
Too bad as it still works well

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Introductions forum to the Transformer forum, since it's not really an intro.

Reactions: w8wca

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid