Help asap please :(

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried to update my TB and ran into the same problem. My TB was stuck in an endless cycle. After reboot, it would power down and try to install the update. The update would fail; the triangle with the exclamation point would appear. After the battery pull, the same process would occur. Thankfully, I back up my TB with ROM Manager. I restored the last backup and the phone is working again.

Here’s my question. I want to keep my TB rooted. Is it possible to update a rooted TB? If I un-root and update, will I be able to toot again?

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Here?s my question. I want to keep my TB rooted. Is it possible to update a rooted TB? If I un-root and update, will I be able to toot again?

You can...

[ruu][rooted][MR1 aka OTA] CONFIRM Build Number: 1.13.605.7 Baseband: 1.16.00.0402w_1 - xda-developers

You don't say what ROM you are currently using?? To be honest, what is in the update has been baked in to most of the ROMs out there already. There really is no reason to flash this unless you are rooted and still running the stock ROM.

You can flash the new radio from here without loosing root...

[RADIO] The Obligatory Thunderbolt Radio Thread - xda-developers

Some have had problems with this, some have not.

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the MR1. Root is preserved. Used Titanium Backup to restore most applications. The SMS messages were not restored. I also had a quite complicated setup for the HTC Sense launcher. It reverted to stock and not restored by the Titanium Backup.

Now I need a good utility to backup/restore SMS. Is there a way to back up the launcher settings?