<HELP>: Bluetooth Headset Not Recognized after Flashing ROM

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted and flashed my LG Optimus S. My bluetooth headset paired successfully prior to this process. However, once I flashed the cyanogen, it does not show up on the list of recognized devices. I tried searching this issue on forums without any luck. I did a titanium backup prior to flashing the new ROM, however, the scheduled backup overwrote the original backup so restoring bluetooth did not help at all. I also found some workaround on a forum (can't locate it anymore) to go into Android Terminal and do a "mv 4* hidden" in the bluetoothd directory. It worked for some folks, but unfortunately did not for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Side note, my phone did pick up my neighbor's bluetooth so I know it's somewhat working.

Here are the details:
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.33-Xionia_014 zefie@selena #1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7-04282011-NIGHTLY-thunderc-Xionia
Build Number: Cyanogen_thunder-eng 2.3.3 GINGERBREAD eng.zefie.20110428.143145 test-keys

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
How did you flash this rom? We don't have a nightly in this forum. Did you use rom mananger?

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I used instructions from here: Installing CyanogenMod Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM On The LG Optimus S ? ZL Studios

The only differences is that I didn't do a backup Google proprietary system since it was not listed as an available option in my recovery menu.
Did you flash the debug zip first? And then after flashing the rom did you flash gapps?
Oh Bluetooth does not work on some CM7's. If you use the one's from this forum (drew's CM7 it does). So that could be your problem.
You should have used the directions from here. A lot more support if things go wrong.
Right now we have no Idea what recovery you're using and what there options are.

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you flash the debug zip first? And then after flashing the rom did you flash gapps?
Oh Bluetooth does not work on some CM7's. If you use the one's from this forum (drew's CM7 it does). So that could be your problem.
You should have used the directions from here. A lot more support if things go wrong.
Right now we have no Idea what recovery you're using and what there options are.

Yes, I flashed the debug zip first, ROM, gapps (in that order).

Okay, what's my option now? Reflash? And if so, to which ROM? Looks like there are several available...some that are WIP...I'm pretty new to this, so I'll definitely need step by step instructions.

Thanks!

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Make sure when switching roms to just flash the debug file beforee flashing the new rom. Look at the stickies at the top of this section of the forum. They have the links to get you where you need to be. Start with xionia recovery...

Reactions: HKQT

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Make sure when switching roms to just flash the debug file beforee flashing the new rom. Look at the stickies at the top of this section of the forum. They have the links to get you where you need to be. Start with xionia recovery...
Yes start with installing Xionia Recovery from this forum:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...covery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

then i would recommend using Drew'S CM7:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ble-08-09-2011-experimental-08-08-2011-a.html
Go with stable 2. Bluetooth works, I use it everyday!

All info can be found here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...optimus-s-recoveries-roms-kernels-themes.html

Reactions: HKQT

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the step by step process! I'll give it a try this weekend and report back. Btw, I just discovered that my wired mic doesn't work either...headache!

Much appreciated!

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the step by step process! I'll give it a try this weekend and report back. Btw, I just discovered that my wired mic doesn't work either...headache!

Much appreciated!
That is a known bug with All versions of CM7'S

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I just want to report back to the group that after following blackops1125's instruction (stable 2), I'm still having issue with my bluetooth connection. I wiped data/cache and flashed the new ROM.
It still won't detect my bluetooth headset. Any suggestions? I really need my bluetooth headset since I use it for work calls on a daily basis. :'(

Here are the details:

Android Version: 2.3.5
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.33-XioniaRedux_07272011 drewwalton@drewwalton-MS-7549 #1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2
Build Number: IHO-08092011-LS670

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I just want to report back to the group that after following blackops1125's instruction (stable 2), I'm still having issue with my bluetooth connection. I wiped data/cache and flashed the new ROM.
It still won't detect my bluetooth headset. Any suggestions? I really need my bluetooth headset since I use it for work calls on a daily basis. :'(

Here are the details:

Android Version: 2.3.5
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.33-XioniaRedux_07272011 drewwalton@drewwalton-MS-7549 #1
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2
Build Number: IHO-08092011-LS670
Have you tried deleting you're Bluetooth and then re-pair them?
I know drew's CM7 Bluetooth works cause I use it every single day at work and the sync system in car.
Are you entering pairing password?

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
How do i delete my bluetooth and repair it? My phone didn't recognize my headset at all. It just kept searching for a bluetooth device and found nothing. I didn't set any passwords either.

Last edited:

HKQT

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there another mod I can try to flash? Does anyone else have this issue? Any input is greatly appreciated! I'm pretty desperate right now.

mrtazmania2

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like its more about the headset not getting into discovery mode than it is with the rom you are running. Check the headset instructs on getting it to discovery mode, usually is a matter of holding the power button for a few seconds until the light starts flashing, then scan on the phone.....if there is a password its usually all 0's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays