HELP!!! Computer is restarting while updating the phone

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Today I tried to update the firmware of my SGS2 through Odin.
But after 1 minute updating stands.
I just disconnect the phone from cpu and now I cant turn on the phone and when I am trying to update firmware again, my computer is restarting.
What can I do?

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
On the black screen I see "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again".
Samsung Kies doesn't recognize my phone and the only mode I can enter its "Download Mode".

Meiji

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Try enter recovery mode this way:

Hold Volume Up, Home, & the Power button, continue to hold all three until the screen flashes, then release all buttons.

There you'll have access to administrative functions for your phone and will be able to do a factory reset.

This might be useful:
Howto: Using the Recovery - CyanogenMod Wiki

Narek

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Try enter recovery mode this way:

Hold Volume Up, Home, & the Power button, continue to hold all three until the screen flashes, then release all buttons.

There you'll have access to administrative functions for your phone and will be able to do a factory reset.

This might be useful:
Howto: Using the Recovery - CyanogenMod Wiki
I can't enter recovery mode, only download mode. But when I am clicking "start" on Odin my computer is restarting.
I just recived my phone from service centre yesterday (I tried to upgrade through Kies and my phone broked).
This time I decided to upgrade through Odin and the same result. My phone just cant be upgraded.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
First off, I would do the following.
1. Uninstall Odin and Kies, reboot, then reinstall it again. Make sure you have the most recent versions.
2. Make sure you have the correct USB cable. You can't use just any cable. Sounds silly, but it can happen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony3342