Help! I don't want to use YT Music!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used Google Play because I never had an issue, but it has merged with YT Music and is giving me issues, plus I don't really support crap like YT Music. How do I extract my purchases so that they can be played on a different music player? I started using SoundAmp but my purchases from the Play Store don't show up, and even when I try to request for the songs to be played on VLC, it doesn't work. I'd rather find a way to transfer my purchases than resort to pirating.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to Android Central Forums.

You cannot extract your purchases. You can only move your purchases to Y.T. music. You don't have to subscribe to premium.

Please consider creating an account so we can communicate further and better assist you. As a guest you are not able to reply any threads.

I have provided the link below so that you can register.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I am in the same boat as you - I have a lot of Google Play Music purchases and so I have no choice but to port them over to YouTube Music.

The app is actually not that bad, but it does take some getting used to. Unfortunately it is part of Google and so that is what is needed to access your paid music.

However, as Mike Dee said, you don't have to pay for premium or for a subscription to use YTM. The ads aren't as troublesome as I'd initially thought. I may pay for premium, but I haven't decided yet. I'm enjoying the recommended music YTM creates for you based off of your previous music interests.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to forum..I really don’t know why people are so against YT music ..I don’t see anything from Google Play that I can’t do on YT music ...it transferred everything without issues ...

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to forum..I really don’t know why people are so against YT music ..I don’t see anything from Google Play that I can’t do on YT music ...it transferred everything without issues ...

Some people don't like change. Can't make everyone happy. But I agree, overall YTM is a net positive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use Google Takeout to download your entire Google Play Music library (i.e. any music you purchased through Google Play as well as any of your own music you uploaded to GPM). It'll come to you in the form of multiple ZIP files you can then save to your hard drive. I just did that, and got 44 ZIP files (each about 4 GB in size).

And YT Music isn't THAT bad ...

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use Google Takeout to download your entire Google Play Music library (i.e. any music you purchased through Google Play as well as any of your own music you uploaded to GPM). It'll come to you in the form of multiple ZIP files you can then save to your hard drive. I just did that, and got 44 ZIP files (each about 4 GB in size).

And YT Music isn't THAT bad ...

Oh wow, Google Takeout! I didn't know about that! Thank you so much for letting us know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny