Help me choose 32gb vs 128gb?!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Currently looking to upgrade from a SG5 to a Pixel XL and debating between 32gb and 128gb versions.
I know all pictures and videos are going to the cloud, so that takes frees up a good amount of storage.

On my SG5 currently :
17gb videos
6.9gb images
4.4gb downloaded apps (I moved everything I can to the card)
I have zero music, as I use Spotify/Soundcloud exclusively for music

Total used (without OS itself) : 28.4gb

15gb/16gb used on internal storage
24gb/32gb used on SD card

Total free space : 9gb

according to this article you start with 24gb

What do you recommend?
Thanks.

Edit : I don't play games either.

Definitely the 128. The pictures don't get moved to the cloud unless u do it manually. Then u can only view them when you have an internet connection.

I realized how much this sucked the other day. I went to see Tool and I recorded a few videos of the performance in 4k. It was prob 4gb worth for about 15 mins or so I think. So I upload them to the cloud and forget about it. Now when I want to watch them (the audio and video was surprisingly good) I have to use data. Sad face.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I went with the 128GB quite black pixel because I keep a lot of music and pictures locally.. I also keep phones for a very long time so I didn't want to worry about space, especially being the fact of a non SD card support! I have a M8 now and it's over 2 years old which I'm keeping as a back up!

Last edited:

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I plan on keeping my Pixel a long time. At 73 years old and almost retired I'm done upgrading. I owned four different Note phones in 5 years!
So I went with 128. I have over 100 applications on my phone now, and who knows what all I'll be adding along the way. If you can afford the price increase b/t 32 & 128 go for it.

mustang8918

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got back from the Verizon store returning my 32GB XL and ordering the 128GB XL. Expected ship is Jan but maybe it'll come early.