Help ME! Fail ODIN

MehmetBARISIK

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin v.3 engine (ID:9)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

ODIN keps giving this error message above or sometimes just gets stuck where it says "SetupConnection.." ??. Here is how you can overcome this problem:
1. restart your computer and go to task manager via key combination ctrl +alt+del .
2. Make sure you have turned off firewall , windows security essentials and antivirus program if you have on your computer.
Also both in applications and processes section find and terminate kies processes ( you will probably find about 4 or 3 ) also it would be a good idea to terminate ITunes or apple related processes if you can find those running there as well. I have no idea how and what kind of affect they can have on ODIN , but this is how i happened to manage to go through that. {{ You might even have to try it on a different computer if ODIN keeps failing after the following steps below implemented . No one can explain why.}}
3. Start ODIN and reboot your android phone into DOWNLOAD MODE (with galaxy note series, it is starting phone via pressing Volume down + home +power key , let them go once the galaxy note logo appears.
4. Connect your phone to Computer via USB cable. ( Make sure you have ticked USB debugging [ settings >developper options>Usb debugging] if you are able to access to your home screen normally . With Android 4.3 , you will have to tap 7 times on build number to enable this option . So go to [ settings>about device>Buid number]
5.Once you connect your Android phone to the computer , ODIN should confirm connection: <ID:0/00?>Added'
6.Make sure Auto reboot and F.Reset time boxes are ticked only. And NOT the others.
7. Depending on what version of ODIN you have (would not make much difference) click PDA or BL under files download title and browse to the file where you have already unzipped ROM and click choose it.
8. The name of the file will soon appear in the relevent field. (extention of the files are either .tar or .tar.md5)
9. It will immediately show initial confirmations and will wait ready for you to click start the flashing of ROM. It will take a while so be patient. And keep your finger crossed that above ID:Com section it does not say FAIL ! in red. If so , then try from scratch and do not give up. It will finally go through successfuly and segment above ID:Com will turn the best green color you could ever see saying PASS ! .
10. Disconnect your phone from USB and it should roboot itself . Again it might take more than 5 minutes or so , so be patient.

If your PHONE GETS STUCK AT SAMSUNG LOGO or keeps telling you "FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE". and cannot proceed further to boot up normally, you can try flashing your ORIGINAL ROM if you are having this problem with a updated LEAKED ANDROID VERSION of it. After flashing Original ROM you will be able to flash leaked version of it. IF you have lost your original ROM you cand find and download it on the web.

Last edited:

Trixie814

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
odin would look for a PIT (partition...something for mapping)

i don't know what to do about this problem anymore... the phone can only go to the download mode. so, i tried using odin... but it keeps saying FAIL

samsung galaxy 3 // gt-i9300 // philippines (smart)

can somebody PLEASE help me =(

Trixie814

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you upgrading via ODIN to a custom rom? If so are you rooted? What device are you using? What current version of Android are you using? What carrier are you on?

I'm subscribed so please answer these questions so I may help you.

I'm upgrading my S3 via Odin; I don't know if it's rooted (how do I know if it's rooted or not?). Anyway, whenever I tried to use ODIN it FAILS. Please HELP!

Samsung Galaxy S3 // i9300 // Philippines (smart)

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok, here is what happened to me. First off, I have a Galaxy Note 2 SGH-1317 with at&t. I rooted the phone about 3 months ago. It was always running a bit slow even before the root, so, I decided to reformat the phone thorugh the menu. Once I did that, it was stuck on the at&t logo screen. I then downloaded Odin and the Kies firmware. Once I did that, I tried to restore it, but all I would get is a fail issue at the end of every sequence. I don't know what else to do. Now the phone won't even go to the logo screen anymore, now it just shows a screen saying "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again." I'd love too, except both versions of Kies won't recognize my phone. My phone can still be put into download mode, which I guess is still a good thing. Help please.:eek:

NA Peru Teja

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help ME! Fail ODIN SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 2 > Binary 1

Sir installing the rom on my SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND 2 But FAIL
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME:SM-G7102
CURRENT BINARY :Custum
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOM SECUREBOOT : ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S2, T2,R2, A2, P2
SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 2 > Binary 1

PLEASE SAY HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

NA Peru Teja

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Help ME! Fail ODIN SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 2 > Binary 1

I TRYED ALL [ROMS] BUT ALL ARE SAYING LIKE Please help me to install custom [rom] in my grand 2(sm-g7102) mobile (4.4.2) IN MY MOBILE

in ODIN 3.7 I TRY THIS PROCESS ALSO FAILED
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G7102XXUBNG4_G7102ODDBNG4_G7102DDUBNF4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006> Removed!!

Last edited:

Jovee

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I am currently experiencing such problems. My galaxy note 5 upgraded to marshmallow and I found out how it was ruining my s-pen features. now I am trying to downgrade this android version back to the lollipop 5.1.1. I cannot turn off the FRP lock since it would not go back to the screen because of "Error in update"... please help cause I've been trying on and on but odin still says fail:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N920GDDU2AOK4_N920GODD2AOK4_N920GUBU2AOK3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/003> sboot.bin
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cm.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

luzandimu

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
please help me..

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe