Help, my number is blocked!! What should I do?

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Help, my number is blocked!!

When I try to call my Samsung Galaxy S3 cell (android 4.1.2, Virgin Canada service) from my landline, it goes straight to voicemail! I can't figure this out! I have

* disabled the Samsung blocking mode
* disabled the firewall blocker (aFirewall) (my number wasn't listed in it anyhow)
* froze a bunch of apps that -might- be interfering: ie. two autostart manager apps, extreme call blocker, xposed installer/tools

I don't see anything else that could be blocking my number, and it would not have (consciously) been programmed manually. I have no problem calling the S3 from another number. As far as I know, there's no way to block calls with Virgin Mobile (Canada).

I know this ain't easy but... anyone might have a clue as to how I can find out what's blocking it??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help, my number is blocked!!

It's a hands-on process, otherwise it's a few hundred wild guesses. See if someone at a Virgin store will help you.

Skinjob

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help, my number is blocked!!

Yeah, you're right, I don't think I'm gonna be able to message my way out of this one, thanks.
I'm very experienced with Android, been hacking it for years. That's why I know that if I am unable to locate what could be blocking my number, the Virgin clerks are sure not going to know more about the Android system than I would. It looks like from now on, I'm just going to have to block my number when I call my phone!

If I ever do eventually figure this one out, I'll post the solution here in case it helps anyone in the future.