Help! Ota issues

chris06ob

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
so i tried pulling the ota like 45 mins ago and it started downloading but failed and now i cant even get it to start downloading again, just says no update available :( i remember for the Mr2 update i had to take my back cover off and dl on 2G for it to finally install tried that and switching to cdma only as well as several battery pulls and restarts still nothing! I really dont want to do a master reset and no im not going to do it manually or use a gingerbread rom from like cm7 or something(no offense to those who do) please any help would be much appreciated.

zman3001

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Same here, reached out to VZW on twitter, they told me I'd have to wait 24 hours. I'm tired of waiting anymore to have an effing working phone with an effing working data connection that doesn't effing drop out randomly all the effing time!

Bfrere179

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The VZW rep I talked to told me to go to the htc website and download it. I have no idea what she was talking about because the only download is the Sync.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me half an hour ago. the Coming Soon page and release notes pdf have both been pulled from verizon's site. WTF.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Had the exact same problem this morning.

1. Pull the battery and leave it out for a minute (don't know if this helped, but it's part of what I did and it worked).
2. Do "Check New" every 10-15 minutes or so, eventually you should see the update notification again. It took me about 2 or 3 hours.

Note on defcon999's link - yes, this is the full RUU which will give you the exact same (supposedly) image as the OTA update when done. However, and this is important, the RUU is a full reload of the phone (think "factory reset, reinstall all my apps, lose my settings, backup first"). The OTA leaves your settings and applications largely intact. Not that a good old factory reset is a bad idea, it's just important to know you're about to experience one.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Note on defcon999's link - yes, this is the full RUU which will give you the exact same (supposedly) image as the OTA update when done. However, and this is important, the RUU is a full reload of the phone (think "factory reset, reinstall all my apps, lose my settings, backup first"). The OTA leaves your settings and applications largely intact. Not that a good old factory reset is a bad idea, it's just important to know you're about to experience one.

This is true...but I am a uber geek and I like FRESH everything. I used the files from that link yesterday and yes, it did wipe everything (except SD card of course). I reformat my home PC computer about every 6 months because....well, actually I don't know why, I just do.....LOLOL.

I use MyBackUp so to get everything back was not a problem....it even restores my home screen. But thanks for pointing it out to the people that aren't uber geeks and maybe only geeks!

NATE....can you check to see if your bootloader is locked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts