Help please, I think I bricked my phone

m4p

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I successfully rooted my Slider, installed the BobZhome recovery tool, did a backup, and everything was fine.

Then I installed the Mobster rom, and it said it successfully installed and so I rebooted the phone.

Now the phone won't turn on. I finally got LGMobile Support Tools to recognize it although the SD card is not being recognized on my pc.

Any help would be great appreciated!

EDIT: After pulling the battery, I was able to get into Recovery. Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried installed the Mobster rom again, and again, after waiting almost 20 minutes, phone still never came on, couldn't restart it or anything.

So back into Recovery and I just restored the original ROM to the phone and all is fine.

I followed all the steps, so not sure why I'm having so much trouble flashing the Mobster rom.

Last edited:

m4p

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Only wipe cache and dalvik cache when installing a custom ROM on this phone.

Thanks very much, I really appreciate the reply. I couldn't find any specific instructions for flashing this particular phone and so the instructions I found had you format everything but the card. So I will definitely just wipe cache & dalvik cache only this time.

dark_samus

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
When using other ROM's you'll need to wipe data/factory reset FROM RECOVERY if you do it from the settings you will brick your phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
i have the optimus slide and i did everything i was supposed to do didnt factory wipe i have a clockwork recovery. i wiped cache and delvik but all it does is stay on the android screen forever lol, also when i get a few of these ROMS flashed after i go through boot it gets passed lg and i think the rest but probably not it just stays as a blank screen with light behind it any ideas?

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
ok even worse problem now when i connect my usb cable it makes my slider what im assuming is a boot loop and now i cant upload my original backup data it was like lost or put somewhere else after i portioned my sd card PLEASE HELP???

EDIT put the sd card into a reader, so when i partitioned the sdcard it took away myCWM backup so i made a new one on the partitioned card and had the backup data on my comp and put it back but now my google play keeps saying no connection retry it just wont catch the internet or something and when i search it online on my phone it shows as if i have no connection or cant find the web page, as if it has been moved any suggestions?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts