Help save my phone

FMW

Oct 3, 2024
Visit site
I have a Motorola G Pure. It was captured by the Uber website. The only escape was to do a hard reset which I did. Now it won't allow me to set the phone up anew. The problem is that it knows what my Google email address is and I don't because I don't use Google. It will not allow me to complete setup without it. I've tried to recover the email address to no avail. Is there anything I can do to use my phone again. If not, just let me know and I will buy a new one. Thanks for any help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this sounds like the phone is protected (FRP) and, since this is a security measure, the only way to gain access and successfully reset the phone is to provide the right credentials to the Google account that set it up.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't understand how it was captured by Uber website, but sounds like your phone is compromised and your emails , get in touch with if your using Google email because getting a new phone you won't be able to use those accounts

Last edited:
Reactions: BerryBubbles

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit puzzling, because when you first set up your phone, you must have added a Google account, right? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Gmail address -- just any email address associated with your Google account.

FMW

Oct 3, 2024
Visit site
That's a bit puzzling, because when you first set up your phone, you must have added a Google account, right? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Gmail address -- just any email address associated with your Google account.
I don't use google. Yes I had to set up a google email in the beginning. And now that I have a phone with a hard reset I can't set it up without knowing the email address I have never used. I wouldn't have guessed that it would be needed. So a hard reset isn't really that hard. I'll assume the phone is now junk and replace it. It won't be a motorola. Thanks for trying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubshid