Help with email notification icon on S5

Mtcooley

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I can delete all my emails on my galaxy s5 and the icon still says I have three emails. How can I clear this number off?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you post a screen shot? Is it the email icon or a notification in the notification bar? It could be an "unread" email.

Mtcooley

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you take a screen shot. I just got the S5 and I had a iPhone 5s before do I am not up to speed on it. Thanks.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How do you take a screen shot. I just got the S5 and I had a iPhone 5s before do I am not up to speed on it. Thanks.

Screenshots can be taken the same way as an iPhone, press home and power button simultaneously and hold till you see and hear the screenshots. The S5 can also take a screenshot by a gesture motion (Palm swipe) if you have that feature turned on.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How are you deleting the emails? If you delete them from the inbox screen without opening the email, then they are still unread, and as long as they remain in your trash folder I think the icon will reflect an unread count.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It is the email icon that says 3. I have deleted all emails and it still says three.

Try clearing the email cache. Open Settings > Application manager > swipe over to "All" > scroll down to Email and tap it > select clear cache

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a battery pull? Pull the battery out and wait a few minutes then put the battery back in. See if that clears those 3 email notifications.

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Did the battery pull work? Also you are deleting from Samsung email right and not Gmail app email? The icon is Samsung app email

Posted via Android Central App

Mtcooley

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
No yet. If I remove the account and load it back will it try to load all previous emails like it did when I added the email?

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I do believe it will IF you keep your emails on the server. I have mine set to delete on the server after 5 days.