Help with Factory Reset

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset to help remove annoying pop up ads. I used LG back up to restore my settings, messages, phone calls etc. I also backed up my Google account prior to resetting the phone. When I restarted my phone, the home buttons aren't working with the exception of the back button. When I try to slide down from the top to pull down the quick menu nothing happens. Has anyone experienced something similar? Does anyone have any suggestions to get my G4 up and running normal again?

Posted via the Android Central App

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I did a factory reset to help remove annoying pop up ads. I used LG back up to restore my settings, messages, phone calls etc. I also backed up my Google account prior to resetting the phone. When I restarted my phone, the home buttons aren't working with the exception of the back button. When I try to slide down from the top to pull down the quick menu nothing happens. Has anyone experienced something similar? Does anyone have any suggestions to get my G4 up and running normal again?

A factory reset to clear an app that was causing popups seems drastic. Why not just uninstall the offending app?

You may have to factory reset without restore of settings.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
A factory reset to clear an app that was causing popups seems drastic. Why not just uninstall the offending app?

You may have to factory reset without restore of settings.

I tried to pinpoint the app but couldn't. I removed and re-installed just about every app and I continued to get the annoying pop up ads. I was going to do another factory reset to get the other functions to work, but now the factory reset option is no longer there.

mrcrusha829

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Turn off the phone. Then hold volume down and power until you get into recovery... Erase all your data should be an option.

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I went through this. Don't restore the settings. To get to the reset menu:
Turn off the phone
Press and hold Power + volume down buttons
When you see the LG logo lift off the power button for 1 second, then press and hold the power button again. (always hold volume down)
You will see the LG logo flash again. Just keep holding both buttons until the menu comes up.
Use volume keys to move between the options
Press power to select

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly