Help with internal/external memory!

catzos

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm a newbie at this website and at my phone, so please bear with me. I have the LG Optimus L9 and my old phone was LG motion. It had 5 gb of internal memory (so I was used to that) but this new phone only has 2, and I've run out of space and I barely have anything installed!! I'm a person for a lot of pictures, apps, and whatnot. So, panicking when I saw the "NO MORE MEMORY" message on my phone, I went and got myself an 8 gb pixtor SanDisk micro SD. And I want to know if there's anyway I can put my apps on my SD card? My internal memory can't hold anything else and it's all taken up by a few apps. I don't think it's fair that I just bought a new phone and I can't even download anymore apps.. help? I've read some things on rooting my phone but I know I will mess up unless I have a literal, clear, for dummies, and so easy a caveman can do it instructions. Is there an easy way to fix this? Help! Thank you so much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, 4 GB of internal storage is not much, especially since half of it is taken up by the OS and other bloatware--that's the drawback of entry-level devices. You could try various app to SD solutions on Google Play like AppMgr III, but keep in mind, a lot of these apps may have compatibility issues with higher versions of Android.

Other things to do are to uninstall any apps you really don't use, and delete all text message threads, especially if there are a lot of photos in the texts. Cleaning the app caches regularly can also free up a little space, although it's usually a small gain--try App Cache Cleaner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobi1k