HELP with lock screen

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My friend is brand new to smartphones and lives about 45 minutes from me. She bought Turbo 2 phones for her and her mom. I set up passwords for them but did not show ger how to unlock the phone from the screen lock. Now it is locked and she cannot unlock it. She said anything she swipes brings up the phone key pad.

Can someone tell me how to unlock this darn phone. She is ready to throw the phone out her car window. HELP!! Thank you!!

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you haven't figured it out yet, she shouldn't have an issue if she unlocks using active notification. If she uses the power button to unlock, you have to swipe up from the middle bottom part of the screen. See the icons

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 788.jpg
    788.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 33

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!

Actually I have been with the Note 4 for the past 12 months. My husband has the first Turbo.

I was able to figure out what my friend was (not) doing. She didn't tap the check mark after she put in her password. Learning how to use a smartphone can be frustrating. I self taught myself years ago and I almost threw my first smartphone out the car window, lol.

Are you with the Turbo 2 now?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
How are you liking the note?

I was interested in dt2, but decided I would pass. That is, until I saw the black Friday ad. Still debating if I want to keep it or return to my G3 until next year. The d.maxx was the perfect sized phone for me.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Note is pretty large and there are times it gets sluggish so I do a lot of wiping the cache partition to keep it running smooth, but it has the best screen and takes great photos and videos. So, I put up with its quirks because of those two things.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
That's one thing I liked about LG, even though they have a heavy skin, it never impacted the user experience. Good running into you again :)