Help with Pink Screen Issue

Zabi#AC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine's pretty pink, but it's not a huge deal. Plus I dropped mine, and have a minor crack on the corner of the glass. So unless I wanna pay a fee, I'm not getting mine replaced under warranty.

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just got the replacement phone and it's charging right now, so I'll start it up when it's done and compare it with my current DI. I'm keeping my fingers crossed; however, I have a feeling it may be similar. Let me say though that I love this phone. It's great in every way with the exception of this tiny issue. If the replacement isn't any better, I'll probably just give up and live with the slight pink tint. I'll let you guys know, and thanks for listening!

bunjy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
More Pictures

Well, I took some pictures of my replacement phone next to my new one.

Screen at 25% Brightness (Replacement on Left):

View attachment 2509

Screen at 50% Brightness:

View attachment 2510

Screen at 100% Brightness:

View attachment 2511

These pictures aren't the greatest so I'm not sure if you can pick up any differences. If you saw the phones in person, you would notice that the new phone is brighter at the same settings, however, It shows a stronger pink tint than the old phone. The brighter screen also tends to wash out the blacks a little bit, so the older phone has better contrast.

Also, the new phone seems to be not as prone to the grounding effect than the the old phone.

Another interesting observation is that the new phone seems bigger than the old one. I know this sounds weird, but you can feel and see the difference in person. It's crazy.

The date of manufacture on the old phone is 7/22/10. The date of manufacture on the new phone is 7/28/10.

Now the question is, which phone to keep?

New: Brighter Screen, less contrast, less grounding effect, more pink.

Old: Dimmer Screen, more contrast, more grounding effect, less pink.

Or ---keep trying with another replacement. I can't believe how inconsistent the manufacturing is with these phones. I thought my BlackBerry was bad, but this is somewhat ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali