Helping a friend: Swype quit...

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
My friends Swype quit working on her before the 2.2 update and hasn't worked since. She's camping now so it's been a bit hard to troubleshoot via texts (plus she lives in another State). I have beta access with my Incredible and have had it stop at times with different ROM's but was still able to tap type with the Swype keyboard but she's unable to even do that. I tried calling VZW tech support for her and all they wanted me to have her do was a factory reset (stop laughing). I knew it was a shot in the dark but thought maybe it was a known issue.

She's also asking about recalibrating (don't know why) so if anyone has suggestions on either or both I'd appreciate it. Is there a URL from Samsung that I can give her to re-download Swype? Not a leak or the likes.

TIA

X

Sent via Tapatalk, from my brain to my fingers.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the data from the Swype application in Settings?

Is she running stock Vzw Froyo?

Does she have a task killer? If so un-install, then reboot.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Swype on my wife's Fascinate will sometimes become "disabled," meaning she can't "swype" but she can still tap to type. Doesn't sound like quite the same situation, however selecting a different keyboard and then reselecting the Swype keyboard fixes the issue... Have you tried that?

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
Have you tried clearing the data from the Swype application in Settings?

Is she running stock Vzw Froyo?

Does she have a task killer? If so un-install, then reboot.

Clearing data, will give that a shot thanks. Yeah, just got the Froyo update but as I said it started a couple days before the update. And if she listened to me when she first got it, she should not have s task killer running. All things I'll confirm after Easter. Thanks!

Does Samsung have a download link for Swype though? I still don't understand why she's wanting to calibrate. I've owned the original Droid, Eris & Incredible (all rooted) and never the need to calibrate. Not like old WinMo phones.

X

xwera43

Dec 20, 2009
www.myspace.com
Swype on my wife's Fascinate will sometimes become "disabled," meaning she can't "swype" but she can still tap to type. Doesn't sound like quite the same situation, however selecting a different keyboard and then reselecting the Swype keyboard fixes the issue... Have you tried that?

I believe she has but will confirm after Easter. Glad to know that was s fix for your wife's. Thanks.

X

SulliDroid

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Swype is missing on my Fascinate

Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett

How do I select a different keyboard?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett

How do I select a different keyboard?

Go into Settings>Language and Keyboards>Input method and select either swype or android keyboard. Those are the only two options you have on a stock Fascinate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A