Here's a phone you should get your kid instead of the iPhone

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The problem will be when they are singled out and left out of conversations because they don't have an iPhone. iMessage and facetime are major features that teens use to communicate with their peers.

I have been around and worked with teens before and after smartphones came on the scene and I hardly ever saw one with an Android phone, unless they were guys and then they had Samsung phones. Girls are always going to gravitate to iPhones because they use their phones to communicate with their friends constantly. Guys, I would say, use their phones much differently and often don't care as much about what other people think of them when it comes to what phone they have.

I'm making a broad statement from my perspective and it certainly doesn't apply to everyone. Just speaking from my experiences.

Maybe android has grown in popularity among teens in recent years, but probably not by much.

Reactions: dyastrab

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The problem will be when they are singled out and left out of conversations because they don't have an iPhone. iMessage and facetime are major features that teens use to communicate with their peers.

I have been around and worked with teens before and after smartphones came on the scene and I hardly ever saw one with an Android phone, unless they were guys and then they had Samsung phones. Girls are always going to gravitate to iPhones because they use their phones to communicate with their friends constantly. Guys, I would say, use their phones much differently and often don't care as much about what other people think of them when it comes to what phone they have.

I'm making a broad statement from my perspective and it certainly doesn't apply to everyone. Just speaking from my experiences.

Maybe android has grown in popularity among teens in recent years, but probably not by much.
That's mostly an American problem, and it's one you aren't going to get away from by capitulating to Apple.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

I agree with you. When my daughter started junior high school, I offered to buy her a Pixel. She nearly cried and begged me to get her an iPhone so she wouldn't be "left out".

It's not a commentary on Android. Apple just locked up the pre-teen and teen market.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you. When my daughter started junior high school, I offered to buy her a Pixel. She nearly cried and begged me to get her an iPhone so she wouldn't be "left out".

It's not a commentary on Android. Apple just locked up the pre-teen and teen market.
Some things aren't worth fighting over either. My daughter constantly asks me when she's going to get a phone and I know she's going to want an iPhone when we finally decide she needs one.

Reactions: dyastrab