Hi-Fi DAC Headphones

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
that wirecutter site listed the Samsung Level On as their number 2 pick. I have the Samsung Level U wireless that I like a lot. I might get these:

Samsung LEVEL ON - On-Ear Headphones White EO-OG900BWESTA - Best Buy

You'd be better off with these in my opinion:

http://smile.amazon.com/Beyerdynami...52875952&sr=8-1&keywords=Beyerdynamic+DT-1350

High quality, and they're higher impedence (80 ohms), so they'll take better advantage of the amp in the V10

Another good option, but more expensive:

http://smile.amazon.com/Sennheiser-...52875952&sr=8-3&keywords=Beyerdynamic+DT-1350

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It should be pointed out that just because a headphone has a higher impedance, doesn't necessarily mean its going to have preferable sonic qualities for the indivual. In such a case, there's a real possibility the sonic characteristics of the V10 high impedance amp/DAC setting, may not be significant enough to overcome the sonic characteristics of the headphone.

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
It should be pointed out that just because a headphone has a higher impedance, doesn't necessarily mean its going to have preferable sonic qualities for the indivual. In such a case, there's a real possibility the sonic characteristics of the V10 high impedance amp/DAC setting, may not be significant enough to overcome the sonic characteristics of the headphone.

True enough. It's always best to test out headphones in person, since "good sound" is largely subjective. If that's not an option, the next best bet is to read a lot of reviews, preferably ones that make sound signature comparisons with headphone models that a person has heard

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Grados are a really good on ear headphone

Posted via the Android Central App

x2... word of caution about Grados, if you want to use them with the Otterbox Defender, you have to trim away the sides of the TRS connector to get it to fit in the case. Either that or grind away areas of the case to fit the plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick