Hi is anyone else having problems getting Samsung to honour warranty on the zflip

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am 64 and not really a techy person I brought mine about 5 months ago,when i took it out of the box it did not open all the way up.I thought this was to facilitate the phone being close to the mouth when held to the ear and did not think to much about it.After a short while the screen flickered and died so i took it to Samsung for warranty.It was to my surprise that the sales person told me that it should open all the way up. Samsung fixed both screen and opening issue and sent it back,no problem.Then shortly after that the cover screen stopped working and the phone was not opening all the way up again so back to Samsung.This time Samsung said that it was to improper use/High impact and i had to pay.I have babied this phone from new i always opened it with two hands i never flicked it open with one hand it has had no improper use or impact there are no marks or dents that would show it has been mistreated Samsung used the word maybe because of improper use in other words its a guess. I am now going to take samsung to court for breach of contract and would be interested to know if anyone else is having similiar problems if so it would certainly help build my case.Its not he money Its Samsungs might is right and you can;t touch me attitude that stinks. This is the first Samsung phone i have owned prior to this always had iphone and not once did i have a warranty claim.
cheers John

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if there was any sand or other debris that was getting caught in the hinges, impeding the phone from fully opening. They might consider that "improper usage."

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I am 64 and not really a techy person I brought mine about 5 months ago,when i took it out of the box it did not open all the way up.I thought this was to facilitate the phone being close to the mouth when held to the ear and did not think to much about it.After a short while the screen flickered and died so i took it to Samsung for warranty.It was to my surprise that the sales person told me that it should open all the way up. Samsung fixed both screen and opening issue and sent it back,no problem.Then shortly after that the cover screen stopped working and the phone was not opening all the way up again so back to Samsung.This time Samsung said that it was to improper use/High impact and i had to pay.I have babied this phone from new i always opened it with two hands i never flicked it open with one hand it has had no improper use or impact there are no marks or dents that would show it has been mistreated Samsung used the word maybe because of improper use in other words its a guess. I am now going to take samsung to court for breach of contract and would be interested to know if anyone else is having similiar problems if so it would certainly help build my case.Its not he money Its Samsungs might is right and you can;t touch me attitude that stinks. This is the first Samsung phone i have owned prior to this always had iphone and not once did i have a warranty claim.
cheers John

It sounds like you've learned something valuable about Samsung that might factor in to your future high dollar phone purchases ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1