Hidden Feature in EVO LTE? Power Saver

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I found a "hidden feature" by using the shortcut maker app. Its the old power saver setting that the updated EVO 3D had. Maybe I just can't find it but when I was making a short cut for the removed call history shortcut (don't understand why that was removed), I also found power saver with all the settings to help battery life. I really liked this feature and wondered why they removed it. As it turns out, its not removed its just "hidden". It looks by default, all the settings other than animations are on power save.

I think I went through all of the actions but post any other cool shortcut maker functions you find. I was looking for a shortcut to toggle NFC on and off rather then going through all the settings its buried in but I didn't notice it.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Wondering - when do these power saver settings apply? When battery is depleted? After x number of minutes or hours?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Wow! This is a *GREAT* find! This could truly be the solution to several issues I have been having with the phone. What he used was "QuickShortcutMaker" ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...24.android.quickshortcut&hl=en&token=ZykJNA7D ) from the market. Open that program, then search for "power", and you will see several choices. The first one is labeled:

"Settings
Power saver settings"

Create an icon for it and launch it. What you will then seen is in the screenshot I supplied, below. So many things to try now.

geffo

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded this to my Sprint Evo LTE and went looking for a quicker GPS on/off toggle, instead of being routed to the GPS menu each time.

I opened the quick shortcut app and searched "Location" and three settings results came up. The third one down, with "HtcCdmaGPSLocationSettingV2" directs me to a Verizon Wireless Location services toggle. The standalone checkbox still toggles my GPS on and off from this page, but I thought this was interesting. Is this a relic from previous iterations or a sign of things to come from Verizon?

Also, can anyone confirm that the secret power saving menu that this app leads to has any effect on this phone? I have tried a few of them, like screen timeout to 30 seconds (doesn't timeout after 30 seconds) and disable animations (doesn't disable animations)...so is this menu actually toggling anything?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Some evidence? I did a little experimenting today, and I couldn't tell that they did anything.

Well, if you believe him, then unless your battery went below 20%, none of the features were activated, so they WOULD do nothing otherwise. Right now, I don't know what to believe. It would be nice if this stuff was documented somewhere. My tests are going to take a long time- two of them were ruined today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous