Hiding ExDialer Notifications on Pixel

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Installed ExDialer to replace the stock Pixel dialer app (for obvious reasons). Problem is now every time I check my phone there's a "ExDialer is running" notification. Assuming I don't want to see that my phone app is actually running (I presume, given the Pixel is a phone, that the phone app is running), I want to eliminate seeing this message all the time. The choices, however, when I "tap for more information or to stop the app" are buttons to Uninstall, Force Stop, and Notifications (Block all, Show silently, On the lock screen, Override DND), and Phone App.

ExDialer is now my default phone app, but if I have it go silent won't that mean I won't get phone calls?

Little confused here.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's just a guess, but maybe you need to get the Pro version to get rid of the notification? Common technique...

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It's just a guess, but maybe you need to get the Pro version to get rid of the notification? Common technique...

This might very well be standard practice for ExDialer, although this is kind of a crappy way to say "Hey we're good guys our app is user-friendly and non-invasive" -- but it's very possible.

I think I'm going to contact the dev to see if this is something they can clarify. I don't mind the notification but I can't imagine this being a regular thing on a paid app, even if the app is a $3 app.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Persistent notifications for always running apps are a feature in Android, intended to keep app developers honest and minimize unnecessarily battery drain.

BoogieNY

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Persistent notifications for always running apps are a feature in Android, intended to keep app developers honest and minimize unnecessarily battery drain.

Understood, but in the ten plus years I've been using Android handsets/tabs, there's always a relatively easy fix of being able to dump notifications that are not welcome or excessive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jermz1084