Holding home button

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure a lot of you probably already know this, but for those that didn't I just learned by accident.

If you hold down the home button it will display the apps that are currently running, quick way to get to something.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
When I hold down the button I get 6 apps which aren't necessarily running. Alarm clock and android market showed up and they were not running.

zamboni52

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
How do you show all of the running applications? Then how to you shut them down/kill them if you don't want them running anymore? Sorry...first day with the Android OS.

isleshocky77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
How do you show all of the running applications? Then how to you shut them down/kill them if you don't want them running anymore? Sorry...first day with the Android OS.

Download "Advanced Task Killer" from the market, it's free and awesome. You can set it up to ignore itself so it's always in the notification area. Then you can get to it quickly and kill of running apps quickly.

zamboni52

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Download "Advanced Task Killer" from the market, it's free and awesome. You can set it up to ignore itself so it's always in the notification area. Then you can get to it quickly and kill of running apps quickly.

I'll download that and try it right now. Thanks! I just thought that this would be built in to the OS.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you would think so...

the only way the OS itself will do it (or even tell you) is when it's running low on memory, then it will ask you what to close.

for most people though, i guess letting the OS handle what to keep open and what to close is better than letting the user do it. that's how you end up with the mess on blackberry's when the user complains (of course to you) that their phone is running sluggish and you realize they have like 20 different apps open. :p

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

I did download this but I am a little sketchy on its use. I see some apps running like GMail and my IMAP email, facebook, etc. Will killing these apps prevent the phone from getting updates for these apps, or do the "live" ones restart?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts