Home button on my S5 and Google Now

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Very annoying...

Just got off the phone with ATT customer service. They said that it's a glitch in the latest update and that google is working on.

AT&T BS!... if it were a Google issue... or even a Samsung issue... I wonder why all 60 million Samsung Galaxy S5 phones worldwide don't suffer from it and as for being, "a glitch in the latest update", this thread was started back in February 2015!!!

See #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

jlynngebby

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
You are an angel! Worked great and I can still use my Google search bar.

I just did this and fixed my problem:

when the Google search opens hold down the menu button>>>settings>>>phone search>>>uncheck the Apps.

if you don't see that menu go to app store>>my apps and make sure all your Google apps are updated. Good luck!

Lindsey Foley

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever figure out how to change the settings of the home button? Or how to stop the s voice from coming up all together when you double tap?

Hoping for help,
Thanks, Lindsey

supersiddarth

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I finally managed to take that Google Now off my home screen.
Ok so this is what I did :

Settings --> Apps --> Google --> Clear all the app data (If you have clear all data on the settings when you just open, just press it & clear them all. If you don't see the "Clear cache" option, press the "Storage" --> "Manage Space" --> "Clear all data") --> Go back --> Go back again the google settings page --> Click "Disable" --> When it prompts if you want to do a factory reset, press "OK" --> now go back home --> Go to settings again --> Apps --> Google --> Click "Enable"

Now you shouldn't see the google now on your home button again.
Hope this works for you!

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I just pinched it to make it smaller and moved off the home page to another page. Looks the same size as the other apps.

aaronleedoyle

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
To get rid of Google app on long-press of the home button, go to: Phone Settings -> Applications -> Default Applications -> Device Assistance App -> Device Assistance App -> None (or whatever corresponding app you choose).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson