Home screen redraw with Pie

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so dumb question, but if I restore this stuff wouldn't that put all the jacked up files back on the phone or am I thinking too much? I guess maybe it's just system files that get mucked up and that's where issues arise and those won't be getting restored so I should be ok.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, so dumb question, but if I restore this stuff wouldn't that put all the jacked up files back on the phone or am I thinking too much? I guess maybe it's just system files that get mucked up and that's where issues arise and those won't be getting restored so I should be ok.

It can , if it was something you download . But for the most part I think you should be ok , hopefully just a system issue .

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok. I honestly don't care about just running the restore, I'd go through and re-add each app and set everything up manually if I have to. I just need to make sure my pictures are backed up, which I did about 3 times, and I'm pretty sure all my passwords in Samsung Pass will persist so that's fine. The rest I can set back up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I honestly don't care about just running the restore, I'd go through and re-add each app and set everything up manually if I have to. I just need to make sure my pictures are backed up, which I did about 3 times, and I'm pretty sure all my passwords in Samsung Pass will persist so that's fine. The rest I can set back up.

Also back up your pictures through Google photos .

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been stuttering when pressing the power button. The time will come up, but usually it's wrong and you can see it quickly disappear and reappear as the correct time. Pressing the home button while using the Samsung Internet app will stutter as it brings the home screen up. I guess a FDR is in order.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the time issue is a new one for me, the other thing has been an issue since I updated to Pie.

No difference from doing a factory reset from the phone vs the recovery menu right?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the time issue is a new one for me, the other thing has been an issue since I updated to Pie.

No difference from doing a factory reset from the phone vs the recovery menu right?

I don't believe so. Maybe mustang or someone else can confirm.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

From recovery or phone settings its same factory reset .

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well it's done. Hopefully I didn't miss anything. I booted into recovery so I could wipe the cache first, figured it wouldn't hurt. Crazy how fast it formats the actual system.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So far so good other than the garbage Package Disabler not exporting my list of disabled apps so I have no idea what all I disabled before. That will be the biggest issue I have.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well, it just happened again after unlocking the phone into messages , hit home, and it did a redraw. I give up and I'll just deal with it the times it happens. It's just annoying. I don't even have much stuff on here and didn't restore a lot of my apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, it just happened again after unlocking the phone into messages , hit home, and it did a redraw. I give up and I'll just deal with it the times it happens. It's just annoying. I don't even have much stuff on here and didn't restore a lot of my apps.

I was surprised to see you still having this issue, thought we nailed it .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid