Honeycomb on EVO? What do you think?

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you heard about Honeycomb 3.0 being ported onto the EVO? It looks pretty sweet. Even though much of it isn't working at the moment (Camera, radio's, etc.) and it has a long way to go, this may end up being a very great ROM. Has anyone tested it out? If not, you should. I haven't tested it out, but it would be cool for some people to test it out and tell us all how it's going. It's so cool how a tablet specific version of Android got ported to a phone. This ROM looks very promising. I plan to test it out once it gets ENOUGH stable. But for you people out there who want to, please post your results here. Good luck flashing if you decide to! :)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There's already a thread on this. A few have tried it out and posted their feedback. The UI seems to be much improved but with nothing really working it's hard to make an honest assessment. I might load it up just to take a peek. I'll let you know how it goes.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I gave it a quick spin last night as well. They still have a long way to go with it bit it was cool to be able to see it. Nothing works, so no data, no camera, no HDMI and very poor graphics performance. The resolution in portrait mode didn't fit the screen properly so icons close to the edges were cut off. No landscape mode at all, the screen wouldn't rotate. You can kind of see the three dimensional screen transitions but frame rate is so poor it's hard to get excited. All in all it was cool to get a preliminary peek but it still has a long way to go before being remotely usable.

Julez6245

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well thanks for the reviews guys, especially cloak.n.dagger. I can't wait for this thing to be done.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk