honeycome update issues

dcurll

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
After updating to Honeycomb:
1. all icons are smaller and lots of window is empty.
2. Can no longer create files for icons.
3. GMail app not synced to contacts [HTC mail app is.]

HTC says only way to go back to Gingerbread is to send tablet to their service department.

Reactions: batmanxgr

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I only got my View last week and immediately updated it to Honeycomb so not real familiar to how it was before that but I also have an EVO 4G phone that is Gingerbread.

The icons are smaller because the tablet format affords more room so the old limit of 4 icons high by 4 icons wide left a lot of room but not a lot of function. Now you can do 5 high by 6 wide so 30 icons per screen vs. the old limit of 16. The reason there is empty space is because of the rectangular shape of the screen, they need to be able to make stuff rotate between portrait and landscape and still fit. On a squarer tablet this doesn't have that problem as much.

Not sure what you mean by "files for icons". Folders maybe? I don't use that on my EVO phone because I'm using a third party app called Folder Organizer so I don't know the reasoning behind removing it in Honeycomb.

I'm not having any problems with gmail and my contacts. Works fine for me.

batmanxgr

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to update my flyer to HC when it becomes available. I really don't like HC UI and I don't really feel sense is on the HC devices. Referring to Jetstream and now the View. I'm hoping I can get the View w/GB and I'll be happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48