Honor 5X : Post pictures of your home screen

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I tried the SquareHome. Didn't like it, and it comparing it to Windows Phone was actually an insult to Windows Phone. It just didn't have the right customization or live tiles.

I'm using Launcher 10 by Nick Fisher. Not sure how long it's been out, but shows a copyright 2017. You can customize transparent tiles, full picture, tile picture, tile colors, etc. just like in Windows 10 Mobile, and it has the exact same all apps list with search and jump lists to get you to your app fast. Best app drawer I've ever used, and I've been using Android app drawers for a full week.

Best part is, once I got it configured right and able to disable the original launcher and prevent it coming back, the phone runs smoother and I've got more memory available than with the EMUI launcher.

Screenshot_2017-07-07-17-39-07.jpg

Screenshot_2017-07-07-17-40-38.jpg

Now if I can just change the circle to a Windows 10 Start button, the triangle to a left arrow, and the square to the Windows 10 Task View icon, my wife will never have to know I'm on Android, except she'll wonder how I'm able to have our banking app and she can't. ;)

This was honestly the biggest hurdle for me to move to Android from Windows 10 Mobile. I hated the launcher interfaces. Now I'm very, very happy with Android. I plan on trying numerous launchers and themes over the next few months just to increase my experiences and have a little fun tinkering.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that you found a launcher to your liking! The nice thing about Android is all the customization options... You can really make it your own.

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've gone and flashed Nougat 7.1.2 (LineageOS 14.1) on my Honor 5X. It was too slow and buggy to keep the Launcher 10 on Huawei's EMUI. Or, should I say Huawei's EMUI was too slow and buggy.

Anyway, I've finally moved away from Windows 10 Mobile style themes as I embrace Android more fully now. It helped a bit with the transition.

Here's what I'm rocking now. Apex launcher, and a mix of standard default icons and icons from the Neo Icon pack for my dock icons. Everything on one screen, so no swiping left or right for me. Folders contain all the apps I need, and I've got 137 apps installed. Makes for simple operation.

myscreen_0.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos