Honor 8 cases-covers-accessories?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of cases that only provide corner protection, but it depends on what you are looking for. It does protect the back from scratches, and some corner drop protection. It is OK for a very minimalist case

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I found that even the aluminium sides were quite slippery, so I went for a case that covers the side too.

I was using a tempered glass protector, but have removed it as I just don't like them. My phone never goes in a pocket with anything else though and my previous phone lasted 2 years without a scratch.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I too only keep my phone in an empty pocket and have never scratched the screen of a smartphone. I'm mostly wondering if the Honor 8 specifically is for any reason susceptible to scratches. I know there was some debate about whether it used scratch resistant glass. As best I can tell it does, even if it may not be Gorilla Glass. Anyways, I'll probably go full case but no screen protector unless anyone knows of a reason that would be a bad idea. Thanks for the replies!

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That's the one. First case I've seen that doesn't feel like a bargain bin special for the Honor 8. Be nice if OtterBox or one of the other big names took an interest in this phone

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Got it.
$12.99 from Amazon US.
I don't know how to pronounce the name "Spigen"
Is it "spy jen?"

This is a lot like the Spigen case I have on my unused honor 5X.
case.jpg

The case is slightly slippery with dry hands.
...adds a tiny bit of bulk to the phone, and does keep the screen off surfaces if laid flat on a desk.
Good overall.
I like it...

Edit:
Forgot to mention the headphone hole is very roomy so large plugs should fit.

Last edited:

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found the Spigen Rugged Armor Honor 8 Case that Amazon is selling in any other colors?

I'm ordering a black one for me, but my wife wants a different color. Maybe red.

Last edited:

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found the Spigen Rugged Armor Honor 8 Case that Amazon is selling in any other colors?

I'm ordering a black one for me, but my wife wants a different color. Maybe red.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54