Honor 8 Flashlight - Only one bulb activates

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I've run into an interesting*bug with my Honor 8, and I was wondering if anyone*could confirm it.

When using the flashlight, only the top "cool" bulb seems to light up, and the other "warm" bulb doesn't seem to activate, even when taking pictures (although the latter is difficult for me to confirm with certainty).*This seems a bit wasteful and is a bit of an odd design choice - cheaper*phones like the Moto g4 have no problem with activating both flash bulbs when using the flashlight function, and this makes for a brighter flashlight overall.

This might sound a bit nitpicky, but I use the flashlight every day when navigating a dark campus, and the brighter the flashlight is, the better I am able to*avoid slipping on*cold New England ice or getting hit by a car (the former of which has happened, but thankfully not the latter).

Can anyone confirm this issue, or*do I have a defective model? Please let me know in the comments below!

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Ah, I see. Still, other phones use both, and the flashlight isn't used that often anyway (I mean*independently, photo flash is quite common)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe an option to switch between both or one would be perfect, but that's probably in the territory of custom ROMs.

I imagine that it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.my iPhone has three brightness options.

108cb118db06a578d68a44c183acfbe9.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts