How can i convert DVD movies to digital files so i can watch them on my Android phone?

Terrania

Mar 31, 2024
Visit site
I need some guidance in regards to converting DVD movies to digital formats in order to watch them on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Android phone, so what will I need to make this happen?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
You could try Handbrake, haven't used it in a long time but I used to swear by it. And as far as I remember it is legal to rip CDs and DVDs for personal use.So long as you legally own a copy or license.
It is very straight forward on how to use.

Last edited:

Terrania

Mar 31, 2024
Visit site
You could try Handbrake, haven't used it in a long time but I used to swear by it. And as far as I remember it is legal to rip CDs and DVDs for personal use.So long as you legally own a copy or license.
It is very straight forward on how to use.
What if this Handbrake software damages my PC as I convert my DVDs to digital? And will the software help playing Region B Blu-Ray and DVD discs?

Last edited:

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Handbrake for DVDs. I use it all the time. You can also use Handbrake to convert files you rip from Blu-Rays which I also do a lot, but it does not rip or convert Blu-Ray discs.

Reactions: Chex313

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I need some guidance in regards to converting DVD movies to digital formats in order to watch them on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Android phone, so what will I need to make this happen?
I have been using MakeMKV for years. Their forums had a link to firmware that allowed my (I happened to have a burner on their list) my burner to rip BR and I believe the format that is higher than that, tho I have never had one.

Handbrake is what I use to reduce the MKV file in size. I don't actually store them on my phone though. I have a lifetime PLEX membership and watch them through my PC server. Tho you can also download them for trips where you have no Data. PLEX also controls my live TV off my Antenna and is used for HDHomerun live TV recording. That way my movies, tv shows and live TV are all in one App for either ROKU or any streaming device including your phone.

Pretty big files unless you use Handbrake around 30 GB's.

MKV was free but I got so much use out of it and their forums I paid for it to support them. It's always in Beta so it should still be free to use and they depend on you liking it enough to pay for it. I think I used it for 3 years before paying.

In any case it rips most anything and the forums are very active for problems with any particular movie or disc.

I only rip BR as DVD quality isn't good enough for me on my 4K TV. Good enough for phone use tho.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twine