How can I get my contacts back after a factory reset?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung S4 Mini which I did a factory reset on yesterday. I have lost all of my contacts phone numbers apart from a select few. I have looked at some of the other questions all of which mention Google accounts which I have checked and can't seem to find a way to get them back. I am wondering if I maybe only saved some to my SIM and others to my phone but am unsure. Could anyone offer any help or what I have done. Thank you!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If your contacts were saved on the phone itself (I had one that defaulted that way, what a pain), then the contacts are likely unrecoverable. If they were saved as Google contacts they SHOULD restore when that account is signed back into the device, provided contact sync was working correctly before you did the wipe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Saving contacts to the SIM card is pretty uncommon these days. If it's possible on your phone, you can open the Contacts app, tap Menu, and look for an Import/Export option. Select Import, and see if there is an option to import contacts from the SIM.