How Can I Listen To The Radio On A Galaxy S3?

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have recently got the itch to listen to the radio on my 40 minute bus ride to and from work. But having done a search on these forums I found that the North American versions of the s3 do not have an FM tuner.

So I went to the websites of a couple local radio stations to listen to their live streams as I have done on my laptop a few times. But it says I need flash player to do do this. Now I have a couple questions before I go ahead and install flash.

1- Has anyone had problems with flash conflicting with any other functions of the s3?

2- Is there a better way like a radio app that might use less data?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Thanks.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Tune In Radio is a great app... and I use it to listen to radio stations.

Posted via Android Central App

7plymaple

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have not been on the forums in a while. But thanks for the advice. I have been using the "tunein radio" app. It came in handy during the power out at Christmas time!

CC LOO

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My original Galaxy s3 that I had gotten in Dec 2012 had a fm tuner app on it and it worked. My phone went swimming with the gators when my crew boat went over, stupid rower who didn't tighten her oar lock. I got a replacement s3, that didn't have the app. So I'm very confused. I live in Florida which is part of North America and did have the fm tuner on my first s3. So if my new phone doesn't have the tuner app pre-installed then there is no way to have a fm tuner on my phone? Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you tunein a specific station? like 98.1 fm for a workout area?
This app does not provide an FM tuner for your phone; it allows you to pick from thousands of radio stations around the world that stream their content online. You could possibly find the local station that happens to be at 98.1 and listen to the broadcast, but be aware that this will use either Wi-Fi or your Mobile data plan.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01