How come when I add a new album to an artist in my music folder it creates a new folder entirely?

A

AC Question

how come when I add a new album to an artist in my music folder it creates a new folder entirely?

I have recently added a new album from an artist I already have on my phone. Instead of adding it to the already existing folder, it created a new one. This is rather annoying to me. When I go through the files on my phone or my computer, it shows up all in the same folder. So why is it showing differently on my music player?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how come when I add a new album to an artist in my music folder it creates a new folder entirely

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which music player app? Is the new folder it's adding showing a slightly different artist name, or is it exactly the same as what you already have? Most music apps read ID3 tags and organize music based on what's in those tags, so if the music tracks are tagged incorrectly, the app might create a separate folder for the artist, since it thinks it isn't the same artist as the one you already have.