How do i add a photo to my contacts on my Galaxy s7?

A

AC Question

I've just updated my phone to the Galaxy S7 and can't work out how to add a photo to the contact number in my phone??

Rekt2k16

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm having trouble with this on my S7 edge as well. When I go to gallery to add a photo to a specific contact, the only thing that shows up is att service contacts. What am I doing wrong?

Lidiyaden

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I had an issue with this for a couple months as well and was super frustrated but I finally figured it out.. you need to save your contacts to your device and then it will allow you to add contact photos. Hope this helps!

Itobor

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Go to your Galley, select picture,click more ( top right) select , select as contact picture, your contacts list will or should appear, select the one you want to put the picture on.

msnmck

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, no, guys. Lidiyaden is correct. You can not add a contact photo to contacts which are stored solely on your SIM. You have to either move them to your device or store them in your Google Contacts. If you click "Edit" on one of your SIM contacts, it will only show a name, number and email field, with no camera icon or other options. If you select a photo from your Gallery and click "Set as contact picture," you will be presented with your contact list, which will exclude any contacts not saved to Google or device storage.

I gave up after weeks of searching for a viable solution. Thanks, Lidiyaden.

Last edited:

salawati

May 17, 2017
Visit site
I had a same problem. After i explored my phone, i notice that my contact list in my device is empty because all of them actually in my Sim card so i import all my contacts from sim card to device by follow these steps ...
first,go to Apps, second...open 'contacts', then go to 'more', next choose 'settings' and choose 'import/export contacts' then 'import'.. it will show a pop-up box to ask you where your want to import contacts from?.. then i choose SIM 1 because i only have 1 sim card... then save contact to 'Device'.. you can either choose your contacts one by one or select all contact which is this is more easier... then choose 'Done'.
After all that process, i opened my contacts once again, and i realized at my 'edit' page, now it's appear page for 'device' where i can edit my contact photo. Yeeaaaaa! I already solved my problem :)

note: open your 'contacts' after choose 'Apps', don't open 'contacts' after choose 'Phone' because the page for 'import/export contacts' will not appear if you open your contacts through 'Phone' icon.

Last edited:

SueShpak

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
On the S7 Edge you go to your contacts and go to edit. You'll see on the right side of the picture at the top a minus sign in red. Click on that minus sign and you have the option to either take a picture or to choose a picture from gallery. Once you choose your picture hit save.

MrSALT

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
I've just updated my phone to the Galaxy S7 and can't work out how to add a photo to the contact number in my phone??

Mr. SALT’s Solution.

Dear, to add a photo to any contact, you must save the contact to “Device” or your Samsung or Gmail accounts instead of “Sim”.
If your number is stored on the SIM card you won’t see the photo button which will be located right before the “Name”
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech