How do I cast my tablet screen to my smart tv?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 tablet that I wish to stream video to using a web browser and have the screen either duplicated to or sent solely to my Sony smart TV (model XJ91). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this; both are connected to the same home WiFi, but I see no obvious options or setting for sending this video/screen to my television.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The problem likely has to do with compatibility. Samsung tablets can cast easily to Samsung TVs using Smart View, but I don't think non-Samsung TVs support that. Your TV has Chromecast built-in, from what I can tell in the specs -- do the streaming sites on your browser have a Chromecast icon?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

sudz28

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Thank you, I have registered! You are correct, my Sony does have Chromecast built-in so that's a start I guess. I do not see the Chromecast icon on my Firefox browser; is this icon website dependent or browser dependent? I also installed Chrome itself, went to a site, but again I see no Chromecast icon?

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
You need to use Chrome as Firefox does not support casting. You will only see the Chromecast icon when you go to a video stream from a service that supports casting. Most do but there are some that do not. But even better to use the app for the video stream you are interested in if there is one.

Another alternative is to mirror-cast the tablet screen to the TV using the Home app but in my experience that usually screws up the aspect ratio.